You know you have goldfish when...

...you buy ten 1kg bags of salt at the supermarket because they are on special! The checkout lady said "Why do you need so much salt?". I said "For my goldfish". No further explanation needed :rofl3

Anyone else want to share their crazy goldfish keeper moments?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When your partner can't find common household utensils (scissors, string, elastics, spoons, sand paper, Tupperware, freezer bags, measuring cups, razor blades, tweezers, tongs etc...) and your response is "check the fish shelves".

When half the baggies and containers in your freezer are labeled "For fish/NOT people"

When every charge on your credit card has "aqua" in the business title

When your LFS calls you on stock day at closing, worried because they haven't seen you...

If you spend 10 mins on Google in the plant section at Walmart, trying to figure out if that neat plant can be aquatic (or worse, when you don't need google)

When your kid expects you to return with plants or a new fish every time you leave the house

If your children can differentiate between black moors and orandas

If your kids correct the petsmart employees

When you partner doesn't keep fish...but understands the nitrogen cycle

Edited by ActiasAmy

When your partner can't find common household utensils (scissors, string, elastics, spoons, sand paper, Tupperware, freezer bags, measuring cups, razor blades, tweezers, tongs etc...) and your response is "check the fish shelves".

When half the baggies and containers in your freezer are labeled "For fish/NOT people"

When every charge on your credit card has "aqua" in the business title

When your LFS calls you on stock day at closing, worried because they haven't seen you...

If you spend 10 mins on Google in the plant section at Walmart, trying to figure out if that neat plant can be aquatic (or worse, when you don't need google)

When your kid expects you to return with plants or a new fish every time you leave the house

If your children can differentiate between black moors and orandas

If your kids correct the petsmart employees

When you partner doesn't keep fish...but understands the nitrogen cycle

The kids correcting Petsmart employees made me giggle.

My boyfriend changes the subject every time goldfish come up... he's grown wise to the lectures :rofl

Your freezer contains:

Bloodworms

Peas

Repashy

1 Pizza

Didn't you just eat the pizza? :rofl3

Yes! So now there's only Goldfish food in there :rofl

There's room for more goldfish food now... never mind the pizza :P

When your co worker calls you at home with a dropsy question.

When your co workers call you crazy.

When the Persmart remembers you and wants to see picture of your fish and wants you to work there when I'm 18 lol

:rofl

Edited by Mikey

When you don't mind the higher water bill because you know big water changes on all of your numerous tanks is healthy for your fish, but you don't like a higher water bill because your family brushes their teeth with the water running and you hesitate watering your lawn & garden because it uses a lot of water, but you don't think twice about how much water you use with your fish tank.

When you use the excuse of "can't it's water change day" to get out of different situations :P

When the buckets around the house are labeled either "fish only" or "no fish."

When the most expensive light fixtures in the house are hanging over the fish tanks.

I'm with you on these :rofl

When you have to go home early from an evening with your friends because you've "got fry to feed" :teehee

• Helper

When I walk into the pet store and the workers say "Hi! How's your fish and tank going?"

When my friends are starting to learn who all my fish are, even without seeing them regularly

When my friends star tasking me how my fish are.

When I'm plunging my arm into freezing water in the middle of winter :P.

When I find myself talking about different breeds of goldfish as if everyone knows what they are

When I get really angry and decide I don't like someone basically because of their goldfish (or how they keep them)

When Ebay automatically suggests goldfish Items for me to buy

When I've spent more on my fish than I have on my dogs and cats

OH yes the "water change day" one. I can't make plans when I need to do water changes!

And the being upset because the fish is sick.

And talking to my friends about treatment plans for sick fish

When I wake up thinking i hear water running and can't go back to sleep until I've checked my tank hasn't sprung a leak

And finally all my friends telling me i should open an aquarium store! :rofl:

Edited by FishyMandy