glass scratched.... any help?

I have the same problem. One of the solutions is to reduce the intensity of the lights or to replace it close to the back glass. Try, hopefully will have some improvement :)

My tank has a lot of scratches from the previous owner, but they are hardly noticeable when the tank is full of water. As long as it's just a surface scratch and not deep, you should be OK. I'm not sure about the magnetic algae cleaners since I've never used one ... my bristlenose pleco is my algae cleaner. [emoji6]

My light is closer to the back, too.

Edited by *Amanda*

Is your tank acrylic or glass? Whichever it is, make sure to use the algae magnet that is made for that type of aquarium. There are magnets made for both acrylic and glass. If it is acrylic, you can use a plastic restorer such as the Novus System to remove scratches. If it is glass, it is a bit trickier. If you run your fingernail over it and it gets stuck, I don't think it's worth it to do anything. IMO, it's a lot more work than it's worth. If it's not, you can try a few things. First, an easy possible solution that can't hurt to try. Get some toothpaste and, using a microfiber cloth, rub it onto the scratch. Remember, it won't work if it's too deep. It may not work even if your fingernail does;t get stuck. I don't know how it works, I just know it's gotten me out of a pickle a couple of times. Other than that, you could begin looking into commercial solutions, which will most likely be hit or mis.. i agree with Amanda, however. if it's not filled (the tank) already, fill it up. they do become less noticeable with water in it for some reason. I assume it has something to do with light refraction. :)