Tetra whisper Air Pump

Justin

I just noticed that my Whisper Pump is vibrating excessively, thus making a lot of noise, and is also getting very hot. I haven't felt before. Could someone do me a huge favor and tell me if it is supposed to run warm? I can't remember it ever being warm. Thanks!

I don't know if a loose screw would make it run hot. I think you might need to flip it over, remove the little white air filter, and replace that.

I was hoping nobody would mention that....... I may have wrapped it in a towel for like 30 minutes so I could actually get some homework done without being annoyed to no end. Once I took the towel off, it eventually cooled down. I didn't know you could replace the white thing.... Interesting. I thought you could only replace the black silicone/rubber part. It seems like the whole thing is replaceable if you really tried. Just a bit of soldering is all it would take.

Haha well it seems the lose screw could cause the vibrating and wrapping a towel around it would heat it up for sure so I think you solved your problem. Good job.

Thanks! I feel good... I solved the problem I partially created. :rofl

You could always wash the little white air filter thoroughly and wait for it to dry.

Is that the thing that has two wires soldered to it?
It's the little white thing I was talking about. It's just a little felt pad.

You could always wash the little white air filter thoroughly and wait for it to dry.

Oh! Maybe I'll do that how then :)

That's the pump filter (pad) :)

Edited by dnalex

Alright. Just rinsed it off and waiting for it to dry! Thanks guys!

I think they also sell replacement filter pads, although I've actually never bought one. :rofl

Mine didn't look particularly dirty, but it did have a weird "smoke" coming off of it. Like super micro particles. It was really weird.