RIP Shaun

FishyMandy

• Helper

Shaun had been battling finrot for a few months now, I was baffled as to why as my water results always came back ammonia 0 nitrite 0 and nitrate 10 or less :( After upping water changes, decreasing food and really making sure everything was always perfect he seemed to be getting better, but today I went to do his water change and found he had was swollen and pineconed :( I know dropsy can sometimes be treated, but last time I had a betta with dropsy I tried so hard to treat and he just got worse and looked like he was suffering a lot :(

So taking all that into account I made the hard decision to euthanize Shaun, I kept remembering my old Betta freckle, and how I always felt I should have done so but kept putting it off until he got really bad and died on his own. I couldn't bare to see that happen again...

RIP Shaun, I'm sorry I couldn't help you. I'll miss your little attitude and your unique multicolour eyes

10561692_10152405115633019_6558592786224

Thanks everyone, it was a really hard decision but I feel I've made the right one, seeing his tank sitting their empty is killing me though :(

I Mandy ..... don't beat yourself up, you had the little guys welfare at heart.

I don't wish to appear insensitive, but you have a cycled tank that is going to go downhill soon.

Get another little fella straight away .... it will also ease your grief.

Shaun may be gone, but you gave him a good life, and a dignified end....and you will never forget him. cheered-up.gif

• Helper

Thanks everyone, it was a really hard decision but I feel I've made the right one, seeing his tank sitting their empty is killing me though :(

I Mandy ..... don't beat yourself up, you had the little guys welfare at heart.

I don't wish to appear insensitive, but you have a cycled tank that is going to go downhill soon.

Get another little fella straight away .... it will also ease your grief.

Shaun may be gone, but you gave him a good life, and a dignified end....and you will never forget him. cheered-up.gif

Thanks x3 Unfortunately my mum doesn't want me to keep the tank set up for now, so if I choose to get another betta in the future I'll be recycling it first, so it will be a while away :heart: