Please help!

I don't think that it's possible for you to have 50 ppm ammonia in the tap. I think there is some error in your report, because having taken a look at San Diego's water report, I would say there is definitely something wrong.

http://www.sandiego.gov/water/pdf/wq13.pdf

How is your fish doing? Still seeing the same sort of behavior?

Edit: Just saw your post above. :)

Edited by dnalex

I don't think that it's possible for you to have 50 ppm ammonia in the tap. I think there is some error in your report, because having taken a look at San Diego's water report, I would say there is definitely something wrong.

ya. sorry about that :doh11: moonlight, my blue oranda, seems to be doing better. i think it might just be something that she does because she wants to lol. :D:idont

ya. sorry about that :doh11: moonlight, my blue oranda, seems to be doing better. i think it might just be something that she does because she wants to lol. :D:idont

It doesn't seem to me that it is something to be concerned about (yet, or at all), but it is good to keep an eye out for these things. If you start to see that your fish start dart more and more, or gulp more at the surface, then it might be time to see if we can do something.

Until then, enjoy your tank, and have fun! :)

It doesn't seem to me that it is something to be concerned about (yet, or at all), but it is good to keep an eye out for these things. If you start to see that your fish start dart more and more, or gulp more at the surface, then it might be time to see if we can do something.

Until then, enjoy your tank, and have fun! :)

thanks a lot!!!! :):hi

wait. moonlight now seems to be doing a lot of gulping at the surface. :no: do you know what this might be? thanks! :cry

First of all don't panic. It may still be absolutely normal behavior. We'll try to sort it out.

I would like to get from you a 1 minute video (no longer) of Moonlight in the tank. I would also like to see the entire tank, either in the video, or in separate pics.

How much gulping does he or she do?

im starting to think that it is normal. last night it looked like she was doing alot of gulping, but now it seems to have subsided. im just very worried because none of my other fish have this problem. they will occasionally gulp air from the surface, then swim normally around the tank. but i will upload a video.---