Please help!

Hi, I am new to this forum, so if I posted this in the wrong area please don't get mad :) anyway, my blue oranda will sometimes swim vertically in place. After about 10-30 seconds, he will start swimming normally. I'm just a little confused. He does this every now and then, and not when I am feeding him. Maybe it's just his thing? Additional info~~ 0ppm ammonia and nitrite. 30 ppm nitrate.

Hello :) welcome to Kokos. Please fill out the form the best you can as it will help our mods a lot!

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank)

* Nitrite Level(Tank)

* Nitrate level(Tank)

* Ammonia Level(Tap)

* Nitrite Level(Tap)

* Nitrate level(Tap)

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

* Water temperature?

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

* How often do you change the water and how much?

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

* How many fish in the tank and their size?

* What kind of water additives or conditioners?

* What do you feed your fish and how often?

* Any new fish added to the tank?

* Any medications added to the tank?

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Hello and welcome!

We certainly would not get mad if you post in the "wrong" forum; we would simply move it to where it will get the most appropriate help/comments. :)

In addition to answering the questions in the form that Mikey had posted, a video showing this behavior would be most helpful. Thanks!

Edited by dnalex

:hi Jack :)

I'm glad you decided to come to Koko's! Everyone here is lovely :)

I hope your cute little oranda feels better soon!

Thanks Lis! (And everyone) I can't believe you found my post lol. :)

New threads can be found on the right hand side of the forum homepage :teehee

New threads can be found on the right hand side of the forum homepage :teehee
And new posts can be found here!

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

:D

Best of luck with your fish, Jack. :hug

Edited by Chai

Jack, can you fill out the form that Mikey posted above. The link is also below my signature. That will really help us give you some informed feedback. I watched the video and do think something might be off. But, we need to know more about your tank, history, etc.

Edited by jmetzger72

That's a very long list, and I'm on vacation. Is there anything you can think of with the information provided? Also, he is the only one that does this. He was acting like this in the tank at the pet store so I don't believe the info would help anyways. Thanks and sorry, jack :\

That's a very long list, and I'm on vacation. Is there anything you can think of with the information provided? Also, he is the only one that does this. He was acting like this in the tank at the pet store so I don't believe the info would help anyways. Thanks and sorry, jack :\

Hey hun, the reason we ask you to fill in all the questions is so that the moderators can establish what may be causing the issue, and how to fix it :) everyone here is really nice, and no one is here to criticise you :) as soon as you can answer all the questions, the mods can help you out :)

Hey hun, the reason we ask you to fill in all the questions is so that the moderators can establish what may be causing the issue, and how to fix it :) everyone here is really nice, and no one is here to criticise you :) as soon as you can answer all the questions, the mods can help you out :)
ok. Will do. ?

ok. Will do. [emoji58]

Hey I found your post :) I'm glad to see you got the video up! The list will give the mods a view into your tank set up and allow them to help you without going in blind. Once you start filling it out you'll see it's not terribly long. Just fill out what you can :):hug

okay... here goes...

• nitrite level (tank) 0ppm
  • ammonia level (tank) 0ppm
  • nitrate level (tank) 30ppm
  • ammonia level (tap) 50ppm
  • nitrite level (tap) 0ppm
  • nitrate level (tap) 0ppm
  • ph, kh, gh (tank) 8.2, alkaline, hard
  • ph, kh, gh (tap) 8.2, alkaline, hard
  • API master test kit (liquid drops)
  • tank temp: 76 degrees fahrenheit, {27 Celsius. (i think)}
  • 30 gals, running for about a month.
  • aquaclear 50, (200 gph) aqueon 10 (100 gph)
  • weekly 50-90 %
  • thursday, 90%
  • 5, (i know, overstocked, i will hopefullly be getting a bigger tank soon :doh11: ) all 2-2.5 inches
  • aqueon water conditioner
  • cherry, peas, bloodworms, sinking pellets, banana, spinach, kale- twice a day
  • yes, the blue oranda (one that has been acting strange)
  • yes, API melafix.
  • melafix for 7 days, (as instructed) salt for 1 week when first stocking.
  • no unusual findings
  • no behavior of that sort, but as you saw in the video he occasionly will swim vertically in place, and then go back to normal. :help:

Hope this helped! :greenbanana::D:greenbanana:

Whoa, 50ppm ammonia in the tap?! How long til that's neutralized in the tank? We'll see what the mods have to say about that. Thanks so much for filling out the form :D

Whoa, 50ppm ammonia in the tap?! How long til that's neutralized in the tank? We'll see what the mods have to say about that. Thanks so much for filling out the form :D

ya crazy. it actually only took about a day for it to go away originally. p.s. youre welcome :I-Thank-You: