Sign in to follow this  
MexiMike83

Pop eye

I believe i have a very bad case of pop eye in my moore. Here eye is completely red with a pustule of red at the bottom. It is also about 50% larger than the other eye. Doing water change now....help :(

Hi Mike, I'm sorry your fish is having issues...could you access the form in my sig and answer them? We would also need pics and/or a video, if you could please.

Thanks!

in addition to Alex's post, if you can provide a full tank pic and your thoughts on if you think your fish may have suffered an injury.

Did a large water change so the water Params may not be what was goin on in the tank before.

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

* Nitrate level(Tank) 0

* Ammonia Level(Tap) not done

* Nitrite Level(Tap) not done

* Nitrate level(Tap) not done

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) not done

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API

* Water temperature? 74

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 56 gal. 3 years

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Eheim 3e Pro. I forget the numbers after, it is the bigger one

* How often do you change the water and how much? At least once per week and >50%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Today, same as above

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fancies. 1 moore, 1 oranda, 1 ryukin. 1 rubber lip pleco

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Hikari lion head, once per day

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? Melafix

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Did salt tx about...6 months ago I think.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Red sore on bottom of fish from bottom sitting.

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Bottom sitting.

There is a lava rock in the center with a live plant attached to it. The rock is about 13 cm in diameter. There are some plants in there too growing in the sand. I will post pic tomorrow. It is very late.

Mike, was the eye always large and has only recently become red? please do provide the params from the water source and get us that filter info.

also, if you can get a topview photo of your fish, preferably whilst in a container or bowl, so that we can see how big the eye has become. i would also like a photo of the belly, where the sores are. and please list for me what medicines you have available for immediate use.

I hope your Goldfish feels better.

any updates, Mike?

It's still terrible. I dont want to touch her, she is a squirmer. And i dont want to hurt the eye by accident or stress her out further.

I posted a concern about her eye being cloudy before. Maybe this is related somehow. The water Params of tap are all zero, same ph.

it is not uncommon that a telescope has such different sized eyes, one from the other. nothing here, with respects to the size difference gives me cause for concern. in fact, it's quite normal, actually. here is a pic a friend shared with me just last night:

10567932_10203753864941583_797660796_n.j

and i too had a telescope with odd sized eyes.

for the accumulated blood, there are a few reasons such as injury, infection, water params etc.. since your water params are in check (with what you posted) and there appears to be no infection (from the pics & video i see) ie, certainly no popeye or anything unusual. so i suspect injury. usually an injury that displays this sort of symptom is something that will clear up on it's own.

Hi Mike, Sorry your fish might have injured herself. I hope she gets to looking/feeling better soon. Perhaps up your water changes during this time of healing.

It was red before, that blood thing for like a month. I figured fresh water and a lol melafix would clear it up. Then the next day (two days ago) it doubled in size and is all red.

Would salt help relieve the edema?

i would assume that it's a growth spurt. to me, other than the blood, the eye looks perfectly healthy from the outside. you can add salt if that will ease your mind, but i'm not convinced that it will make a difference, in my honest opinion.

How is she doing????