Sign in to follow this  
andry6

I don't think one of my new little guys is doing very good...

The fin should grow back in time with clean water. I'd definitely keep them separated until he's healed up and feeling better.

Let us know when the MMs arrive and we will go from there. For now, you're doing all you can. He's by himself and in erythromycin . . .

:hug Hang in there. :D

Ok :cry Thank you. I'll be in touch

My MMs have finally arrived! :clapping:

And more good news...as of today, Sunrise is eating and not bottom sitting anymore! :happydance His fins aren't clamped anymore either!

Yesterday was the fourth and final dose of erythromycin.

So where do I go from here? Do I still proceed with the MMs? If so how much do I feed him per day? He is a whopping 3.4 grams.

Can we get a video and update of Sunrise, please? I'm glad for all the very good news! :)

Here he is three days ago (he would just lay there and not move):

115_zps1e7c1b75.jpg?t=1407851790

And here he is today:

004_zpsaa399af0.jpg?t=1407852024

You can really see what that other fish did to his fin and tail :mad:

And here's the video. It's hard to get good video through a plastic container...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSfaMJ-8_70&feature=youtu.be

He's quiet, but at least he's swimming. I thought he was on his way out the other day

so...do I feed him the Metro-Meds?

How does he look today?

I posted pictures and a video this morning, and as of now, he looks the same as this morning. He's quiet, but not laying on the bottom.

Edited by andry6

I take that back. I just walked over by him and he's laying on the bottom again :(

Let's start the MMs. At 3.4 g, he needs 2 MMs per day. :teehee Actually closer to 1.5 so if you can give him a couple small pellets or try and break one in half that would be good. Or give him 3 half pellets 3 times per day. :donthit: Cuz I Know you have nothing better to do than try and break the pellets in half. :rofl3

OK. I already fed him some repashy soilent green today and he did eat it. Should I still throw in a half pellet of MMs today?

Here he is as of now :(

007_zps89da5fb0.jpg?t=1407885149

Am I crazy to be trying so hard to save a $0.14 feeder fish? I just see it as a living creature and I guess I don't have the heart to let him die. :no:

You already have the meds. so why not try? He doesn't know he was $0.14 :)

You already have the meds. so why not try? He doesn't know he was $0.14 :)

This is true! And I sure would like to see him grow into a great big fishy :P

I agree. Toss in 1/2 pellet. If he eats it, toss in another half before you go to bed. :hug

Most of the fish I've ever treated have cost less than the meds to treat them. We can't help it they don't sell the meds for $0.13. :teehee

I use to slice my MMs in two with a knife for my little guys :)

Watch him grow to be your best looking fish. Some of my "cheap" fish have really surprised me :rofl

Edited by jmetzger72

How is he doing? :hug

Not much progress. Still very quiet.

His fins are healing, so that's good.

He seems hungry. Each time I throw a half of a pellet in he devours it very quickly. 1.5 pellets seems like such a small amount of food.

Re weigh him. If he's packed on another gram, perhaps we can increase the amount. What day of Mms is he on?

I'm sorry I've been MIA but the kiddos started school and life has been crazy! :krazy:

Today is day 11 of the MMs and Sunrise is doing much better! I reweighed him and he's only 3.5 grams now

I'm sorry I've been MIA but the kiddos started school and life has been crazy! :krazy:

Today is day 11 of the MMs and Sunrise is doing much better! I reweighed him and he's only 3.5 grams now

Could you post a video if you get a chance? I'd like to recommend stopping the MMs at 14 days, but it would be good to take a look first. :)

Could you post a video if you get a chance? I'd like to recommend stopping the MMs at 14 days, but it would be good to take a look first. :)

I think he's looking pretty good. Let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8qmI6POj70&feature=player_detailpage

edited to add: he has completed 14 days of MMs

Edited by andry6

He seems to being doing pretty good. :thumb:

His fins are completely healed so I think I'm going to return him to the QT with the other little guy.

...And I'm still not sure when I'm going to introduce the two of them to my main tank. :undecided: I'm so worried about possibly introducing something to my healthy tank...

His fins are completely healed so I think I'm going to return him to the QT with the other little guy.

...And I'm still not sure when I'm going to introduce the two of them to my main tank. :undecided: I'm so worried about possibly introducing something to my healthy tank...

What % of salt did you have in the water while you did the 4 rounds of Prazi?

What % of salt did you have in the water while you did the 4 rounds of Prazi?
I did .3% with double dose prazi for two weeks then .1% and normal dose prazi for the final two weeks

Okay, then I think you are done with QT. This was just a secondary infection from the Flukes dying off. The Metro Meds will have cleared the infection and it isn't going to spread to your other fish anyway. I would put them with your stock whenever you are ready :)

Edited by jmetzger72