Which LED?

Just read it through! Great! Some info I already knew, and some was new to me, but it was all very organized and really helped me! That is probably the compilation of dozens of articles that I've read and others I haven't in one article! Thanks Jess!

Just read it through! Great! Some info I already knew, and some was new to me, but it was all very organized and really helped me! That is probably the compilation of dozens of articles that I've read and others I haven't in one article! Thanks Jess!

You're welcome! I'm glad it was helpful!

I'm coming in a little late but thought I'd mention where I purchased my lights for my planted betta tank. (sorry if these were already mentioned) It's called buildmyled.com

The downside is they are not cheap. No regrets though. I purchased the 10000k planted for my 20g tank and believe I still paid over $220 plus for them and a dimmer. What I love about this website is that your building your own lights with what measurements you need and what kind of lighting you want. I also bought the dimmer which is awesome because I've played with the dimmer in the past and kind of found "my sweet spot" for what I need for my plants. I have a review on these lights somewhere in the equipment section for tanks back in December or so. Also, if your just interested to check them out Justin just punch in your dimensions and other info and you'll get an instant price for what you want. You can also find a ton of reviews on plantedtank forum.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I'm coming in a little late but thought I'd mention where I purchased my lights for my planted betta tank. (sorry if these were already mentioned) It's called buildmyled.com

The downside is they are not cheap. No regrets though. I purchased the 10000k planted for my 20g tank and believe I still paid over $220 plus for them and a dimmer. What I love about this website is that your building your own lights with what measurements you need and what kind of lighting you want. I also bought the dimmer which is awesome because I've played with the dimmer in the past and kind of found "my sweet spot" for what I need for my plants. I have a review on these lights somewhere in the equipment section for tanks back in December or so. Also, if your just interested to check them out Justin just punch in your dimensions and other info and you'll get an instant price for what you want. You can also find a ton of reviews on plantedtank forum.

Yeah I considered doing that too. The Marineland LED is working great for me now, but if I ever want to branch out into higher light I'll check out Build My LED for sure. They seem to make really quality stuff.

Yeah I considered doing that too. The Marineland LED is working great for me now, but if I ever want to branch out into higher light I'll check out Build My LED for sure. They seem to make really quality stuff.
Yes, I've had no complaints with my lights. They look nice and sleek also. The customer service was great also. I can't think of her name but she was very helpful to me. The only downside was being patient while they made them for you. But what's cool was that they test them out for you to make sure all is good and then they send out an email to the buyer saying that they are done with some info. of what they did. It was pretty neat.

On my 60g. I think I have the fluval led's. I just have anubias plants though but I've been liking those lights also.

Edited by 4prettyfish

I seriously considered buildmyled.com when I upgraded to the 40g breeder. I like the idea of the dimmer option and they seem to really know a lot about lighting for various types of aquarium. I wanted to save money though. I may consider them in the future.

Quite expensive like you said, but it sounds like you get what you pay for. I think I'll seriously consider this for my 20 gallon dirted tank. Thanks! I really like the idea of being able to customize every part of it.

Justin, thanks for your comments about the pinned thread that I recommended to you (the one about Greenleaf fertilizers). I've added a post to that thread that briefly describes what the thread is about and some recommended reading ahead of time. I reported the post to the mods in hopes to have that post moved to the beginning of the thread. I've wanted to do this for sometime, but your post inspired me to take action now. If you think of other info people could read to better understand the thread, please let me know and I'll add it to the post.

Thanks! The only reason I didn't understand it at the time was my lack of research. I think this article should really help people http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/fertilizing/15225-estimative-index-dosing-guide.html I know it helped me with understanding what EI is.

Quite expensive like you said, but it sounds like you get what you pay for. I think I'll seriously consider this for my 20 gallon dirted tank. Thanks! I really like the idea of being able to customize every part of it.

First off: That's neat that others are considering the lights that I have and commented on them. :) I think anybody would be happy with them. Everything added on to my purchase though with the dimmer and brackets also. I should go find my receipt because I think I spent more money than the 220 plus. Plus is correct. $$

Justin, Thought I'd let you know even though I have a 20g long tank I ordered the 30 inch length lights. I wanted my lights to go from one end/side of the tank to the other. I wanted "light" throughout the whole tank and not have any dark spots below. I also took into consideration when I rest my lights with those brackets (additional cost) on top of my tank to the top of my substrate. I have 3 inches of substrate so my lights are closer to my plants than if I didn't have any substrate. You might have known all this already but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Yes, I see! Not sure if I want a long or a high yet. If I want a long, I'll definitely go for the 30". But it's for tropicals, so I may want to try a tall tank for once :idont

Yes, I see! Not sure if I want a long or a high yet. If I want a long, I'll definitely go for the 30". But it's for tropicals, so I may want to try a tall tank for once :idont

I don't know why, but I was assuming you had or was getting a 20 long. That makes since now of what you've said. :)

I don't know why, but I was assuming you had or was getting a 20 long. That makes since now of what you've said. :)
I very well may. 20 highs aren't as easy to find, unfortunately :(

I see the 20H. here at in pet stores around here. I bet your local Petco or Petsmart would order it for you and you'd just have to drive over there to pick it up.

I wonder if that'd be included in the DPG sale... Hmmm....