Concerning White Spots on Head

Jamie1422

Ok. I'm from a smaller town. Is this something petco I would have? That's pretty much my only option besides one tiny lfs. I'll check on them tomorrow and if not I'll order them online. Thank you very much!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I bought metro + and bifuran + today made by hikari I believe. Finally found them in a lfs. I am hoping these are the right ones. Do I add both to the water or one to the water and mix one into food? I'm a little confused! Don't want to overdose the little guy.

Also - instructions talk about doing a dip? What directions do I follow?! Haha the dip, adding to the water daily, or mixing it with food?

No dip.

Add to the water, and then come back for the next set of suggestions. :)

I'm noticing he bifuran doesn't completely disintegrate into the water. Quite a bit sit so the bottom of the tank no matter how much I stir it up. Any tips or is this normal?

I'm noticing he bifuran doesn't completely disintegrate into the water. Quite a bit sit so the bottom of the tank no matter how much I stir it up. Any tips or is this normal?

What I do is after a water change with prime Is: I take a couple of cups of water out of the tank and put it in a giant glass or tall container and then add whatever medicine or salt you need to that. You can then Stir/Mix it up really well before adding all that to the main tank.

I hope your fish is doing better.

Thanks! There really isn't anything to see on his head anymore. Gave him a pretty thorough inspection! I can tell where the issue was going on but that's because I knew and stared at it forever haha. Now his little head looks good as new!

Yesterday was the last day I was adding the meds. It said 5-7 day treatment. I changed his water today and just gave him all fresh water. He did seem to enjoy it when I put him back in there. How long until I can add him back in with his friends?

I'm going to let a mod answer your question for the two meds I was talking about (which I was not recommending. It was suggested to keep on hand.) in the earlier page I would have done 14 days with still just observing several days after treatment in the qt tank. My thinking is to never rush anything. Let the fish recuperate so hopefully there will be no setback.

The two others I've had with Nemo seem good. My big oranda has a few pimple pumps under his chin but they aren't seeming to change or effect anything.

Not sure if you had seen another post about a little blue oranda I named Fletcher I got from a local store that was in pretty tough shape - he seems to be doing really well compared to how he was. Just little puff circles around his eyes. Hoping soon everyone will be healthy including that guy so they can all be friends!

That's great that the other two seem to be good. Are you concerned for your Big Oranda? I'm not sure about your other thread on Fletcher. His name sounds familiar. I'm about heading out the door in a few.

I feel like I'm walking on a fine line here with some of the Mods but I'm going to give my opinion like I did before. (I am only talking so please no harsh CAPS from a Mod) It's Cynthia's video on hole in the head/wen treatment that I follow. I had a sick fish in the past and had done a preventable treatment on my tank with my other fish for the video says it is contagious. I've done this treatment for new fish coming into my tank. It is now part of my qt treatment along with Prazi and salt. Others might not and don't recommend it. This is just what I have learned about all of this.

Edited by 4prettyfish