Goldfish of the Week Winner

koko

:wub::) Thank you! :):wub:

This little guy (or gal...I'm not quite sure yet) is our calico fantail named "One-Eyed Willie" given the name by our 9 year old son because of his black patch over his right eye!

You can see it in this picture :)

016_zps73de86c0.jpg?t=1407084155

After having zero luck with previous fish, all of which were carnival prizes, and having zero knowledge about goldfish, we decided it was time to make a trip to an actual fish store and do it the "right way". We found this little guy and his tank mate "Shipwreck" at a specialty fish shop about an hour from our house and it was love at first sight! :wub: He was only about 3 or 4 months old when we bought him and we've had him for a little over a year. He now weighs in at a whopping 92 grams, so needless to say he's done quite a bit of growing!

One-Eyed Willie is super friendly and is also quite curious when it comes time to clean his tank. I think he thinks he's "helping" but he's just constantly in the way :teehee

Shortly after we brought this guy home, I found Koko's and what a blessing it has been! I have learned so much over the past year from all of my friends here and credit you guys for helping me raise this handsome little guy (or girl :teehee:idont )

Christine,

One-Eyed Willie is beautiful fish, his metallic scales remind me of The Rainbow Fish in the book for children. I'm glad you've taken the time to learn about caring for him and it shows in these photos.

Congratulations on your fish winning goldfish of the week. :pianobanana

Christine,

One-Eyed Willie is beautiful fish, his metallic scales remind me of The Rainbow Fish in the book for children. I'm glad you've taken the time to learn about caring for him and it shows in these photos.

Congratulations on your fish winning goldfish of the week. :pianobanana

It's funny you mentioned that, because I have always thought that! I love that book! :) And thank you so much for your kind words :wub: