Welcome to my water spot nightmare.

Kulukan

This is my 37 gallon betta riparium. The dividers are made of black acrylic sheets that were cut to fit, drilled with holes then siliconed in place. The substrate is 1" of dirt with a 2" gravel cap. I have peace lily, aluminum plant, and some plants that I bought from Riparium Supply that I totally forgot the names of growing in the top. My submerged plants are mostly small crypts, some java fern, golden nesaea, bacopa, and apongenton (and one other small bacopa looking plant that I forgot the name of). The tank is heated to 80 degrees and each section has its own sponge filter. My light is a Finnex Planted Plus.

This is an older picture (a little over a month ago)but this is what the glass normally looks like. It is so easy to make a mess of the glass.

IMG_20140629_125713_zpsylyebb9o.jpg

And here it is tonight after about 20 minutes of scraping with a razor.

DSC_0073_zps713c088a.jpg

from the side

DSC_0067_zpsfe2fa6e3.jpg

blooming peace lily

DSC_0070_zps02331848.jpg

more peace lily

DSC_0043_zps141b0e58.jpg

another blooming plant that I can't quite remember the name of...

DSC_0063_zps65bd4b39.jpg

and the inhabitants

Arthas

DSC_0092_zps2773df48.jpg

Illidan

DSC_0417_zps059c28b3.jpg

DSC_0221_zps4231176f.jpg

Kael

DSC_0181_zpse18577ce.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Wow that is one awesome divided tank! Looks better than my regular divided 20 gallon long tank I use to have my Bettas in. I love it! Your Bettas are gorgeous by the way ;)

Thanks :) I was going to just put some craft store mesh dividers in but had a moment of craziness and did this instead!

Gorgeous!

Your water must have a very decent gH (and probably kH) for all those waterspots.

I honestly haven't tested it. I know, I'm bad. But I made the same assumption you did based on how horribly my water does this.

Beautiful!!! :heart

Gorgeous!

Your water must have a very decent gH (and probably kH) for all those waterspots.

I honestly haven't tested it. I know, I'm bad. But I made the same assumption you did based on how horribly my water does this.

I just checked haha. It's 285 ppm. :rofl

That is what I did, I used the craft mesh idea with the report binder strips and poster frame strips on the edges. The little brats kept squeezing through to each others side! Ugh! So I took the dividers down and my Goldfish is in it now.

Obviously the maintaining of the tank isn't easy but it is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks :) if the submerged plants prove to be problematic I'll just stick to java fern :P im going to have to learn to be more careful about water droplets.

That is what I did, I used the craft mesh idea with the report binder strips and poster frame strips on the edges. The little brats kept squeezing through to each others side! Ugh! So I took the dividers down and my Goldfish is in it now.

I was worried about that too. I like that with the acrylic the fish can't see each other at all.

Lovely tank and gorgeous bettas. I like Kael's colors, but his cute little face= :wub:

i absolutely love it! with or without the spots on glass.. the residents look happy and healthy, plants and fish! good work, hun :wub:

Woah! That is stunning! And the fish :thud: I might come steal Arthas :lol2

That is gorgeous. You might try using a little squeegee to clean the water from the glass when you splash it. It's easier than anything else which makes it easier to remember to do it.

What are the floaters? I can't see them well enough to tell.

Edited by shakaho

I usually wipe it when I fill the tank and then dry it with a paper towel. It's a never ending battle of water lines in my tank, though. :hmm

Thanks :) any good photography that came of this is all due to the camera. I really don't know what I'm doing :rofl

The floating plants are dwarf water lettuce on the right, salvinia in the middle and some frog bit on the lefy that got accidentally got moved into full sun a few days ago (when it was on the porch in buckets). Only 1/8 of the pads survived that. There is duck weed mixed throughout and it gets scooped out weekly and dumped in my compost. I wish i had never put the duck weed in. There used to be some azolla but I think the duckweed won that battle.

I've never tried a squeegie but try to take a towel with me whenever I feed or need to mess with something. But early in the morning when I'm rushing off to work that doesn't always happen.