Sign in to follow this  
Fallon254

Adding qt fish to main tank

So my little calico is about an inch and a half. She finishes up quarantine this week.

Do I just add her to the main tank? Or do most people grow them bigger before mixing with larger fish?

So my little calico is about an inch and a half. She finishes up quarantine this week.

Do I just add her to the main tank? Or do most people grow them bigger before mixing with larger fish?

I generally mix my smaller fish in with my larger ones. How big are your large fish?

If your bigger ones can't fit the fish in their mouths, I'd say she's okay. :teehee

If she doesn't seem like a snack to your other fish it should be fine

I have an itty bitty little moor in with my gigantic ryukin and rather large comet and they never bothered him one bit. :) I'd say it depends on the personality of the fish in question but in general, goldfish tend to play nice.

Ok I just don't want anyone to get hurt. They are 5 inches without tail and she's 1to 1.5 inches. I'll keep an eye and check back in if there's any kind of catastrophe