Post your swimming spot!

motherredcap

As many of you know, I love to swim. You are hereby encouraged to post your most recent and best swimming spot - anything from the beach to the backyard pool! I know jenzaar has got one! :)

Here is mine. My family and I drove around a bit of Spain and France and wound up here, at the Pont du Gard. While swimming is forbidden directly under the bridge, you can swim elsewhere in the river - and we did. The water was cold and green and the view great.

IMG_0381_zpsc68341de.jpg

Ok not as fabulous as Susannes but dear to my heart. :). This is at my day's house. My parents put this pool in when I was 3 years old. And, here we are 20 years later :tomuch: , still enjoying it today. :heart

3ebe4ute.jpg

Used the panoramic view on my phone. Did it work? :rofl

Wow, that is amazing!!! I bet that memory will be one you all hold on to. :heart

Since I've been summoned :teehee (and I actually began reading this thinking I'd have nothing to post! :doh11:) here's our favorite place.

20120623_162147.jpg

:bubbles

:9

This will be a fun thread to watch! :)

• Supporter

anywhere in Greece, for me. my heart bleeds until the day i return to Greece. this is not my photo, this is Zakynthos. i spent 10 days in these waters and seriously contemplated spending the rest of my life there :wub:

11371-zakynthos-greece-1440x900-beach-wa

Some of you may know i recently went to Iceland (June 16-25) and I swam in the geothermal Blue Lagoon a little ways out of Reykjavik. It was beautifully blue and oh so warm and soothing :)BlueLagoon1.jpg

• Admin

Ok not as fabulous as Susannes but dear to my heart. :). This is at my day's house. My parents put this pool in when I was 3 years old. And, here we are 20 years later :tomuch: , still enjoying it today. :heart

3ebe4ute.jpg

Used the panoramic view on my phone. Did it work? :rofl

can i come over :please

• Admin

anywhere in Greece, for me. my heart bleeds until the day i return to Greece. this is not my photo, this is Zakynthos. i spent 10 days in these waters and seriously contemplated spending the rest of my life there :wub:

11371-zakynthos-greece-1440x900-beach-wa

Ill come w ya :teehee

Wow, I can't imagine seeing either of those spots Helen and Justin posted. :thud

I would wonder if I was dreaming. Sure I can see the pictures, but its existence outside of magic and dreams is questionable to my feeble - and not well-traveled - mind. :rofl

Wow, I can't imagine seeing either of those spots Helen and Justin posted. :thud

I would wonder if I was dreaming. Sure I can see the pictures, but its existence outside of magic and dreams is questionable to my feeble - and not well-traveled - mind. :rofl

It truly was incredible. At times the fog would be so thick you couldn't see five feet in front of you, and at other times it wouldn't be there at all. Due to the spacing of the different vent openings of the geothermal pockets, different spots were warmer or cooler. Some were so hot that I couldn't stay for more than 2-3 minutes. It all depended on how much you could handle. When I was there, I also went to a geothermal pool. It was like a normal pool, but heated and replenished by natural geothermal springs. Everything is so beautiful and looks so untouched. The mountain views are beyond stunning. No words to describe it properly.

It truly was incredible. At times the fog would be so thick you couldn't see five feet in front of you, and at other times it wouldn't be there at all. Due to the spacing of the different vent openings of the geothermal pockets, different spots were warmer or cooler. Some were so hot that I couldn't stay for more than 2-3 minutes. It all depended on how much you could handle. When I was there, I also went to a geothermal pool. It was like a normal pool, but heated and replenished by natural geothermal springs. Everything is so beautiful and looks so untouched. The mountain views are beyond stunning. No words to describe it properly.

That is so awesome.

You are so fortunate to have experienced that!! :D