best reason for a new tank

My husband just said we should have a tank in the bedroom, if that's not an excuse to get a new tank I don't know what is! Guess I'll be waiting for the next dollar per gallon sale...

That's awesome! My boyfriend has tanks in his bedroom and it's perfect. I love going over there and watching the fish. [emoji1]

At my new condo, the only tank is downstairs in the living room. I had originally wanted a small tank in my bedroom, possibly for a betta, but I have to admit it's kind of nice to only have to do maintenance on one for now. Maybe in the future! [emoji4]

Yeah 2 downsides to having a tank in the bedroom is 1. Another tank to do wc on and 2. I don't spend a lot of time awake in there so the fish wouldn't get nearly as much contact with us humans as the other 2 tanks do.

Edited by shihpuff

Yeah 2 downsides to having a tank in the bedroom is 1. Another tank to do wc on and 2. I don't spend a lot of time awake in there so the fish wouldn't get nearly as much contact with us humans as the other 2 tanks do.

That's definitely true. It's perfect for Mario as he has a 1-bedroom apartment and spends most of his time in his room. For me, having the tank in the living room is much better because I am there most of the time during waking hours.

Plus, it would be a pain for me to have to do water changes upstairs ... nowhere to hook up the Python! I'd have to lug buckets back and forth between my room and the bathtub ... doesn't sound fun. [emoji38]

Right now I lug buckets back and forth between the kitchen and living room and the family room for 2 50 gallon tanks. Have to admit not the most fun thing to do but I love my fish so I'll do it for now until I figure out something else. The python won't fit on any of our faucets even with the adapter. Going to get a pond pump and some clear plastic tubing and empty and fill the tanks from the bathtub and see how that works.

Right now I lug buckets back and forth between the kitchen and living room and the family room for 2 50 gallon tanks. Have to admit not the most fun thing to do but I love my fish so I'll do it for now until I figure out something else. The python won't fit on any of our faucets even with the adapter. Going to get a pond pump and some clear plastic tubing and empty and fill the tanks from the bathtub and see how that works.

Do you have an outdoor hose faucet you could hook it up to? That's what I have to do. The Python is incompatible with all my sink faucets, too. I could have my plumber friend come out and fix one of them for me, but it's just as easy for the water to go outside, with the added benefit of watering the trees. [emoji4]

I have 3 of my aquariums in the bedroom! My 30 gallon, a 6.6 gallon and my Goldfish's 20 gallon long tank. At first I was a little bothered by the sounds of the tank but now I'm used to it and the sound of the water running out of the filters helps me fall asleep. My sister came over one day and she looked at my tanks and said the noise would keep her wake all night. Just make sure you can put up with the sound of the filter running plus the sound of an air pump if you have one.

Well I didn't even think of that but the outdoor one is pretty far from the tank so not sure it would work.

They make a 50 ft Python in addition to the 25 ft one, as well as extension tubing. They can be lengthened indefinitely. [emoji4]

I no longer use a water changer hooked to a faucet. I fill a bucket and use the pond pump and water changer to get the water from the bucket to the tank. Easy peasy. I actually like it better than hooking to the sink. :)

I have my 55 in my room! It's great. I also fall asleep to the sound of the filters... Who needs those alarm clocks with waterfall sound effects, anyways?! One HUGE benefit of having my bedroom in the basement is that there is an actual hose attachment in the basement, as well as a drainage pump for A/C condensation and flooding. I use the hose as a siphon to the drain, then hook it up and fill. Crazy easy. A few weeks ago my dad said he likes the look of my tank and might want a 125/150 in the living room :nana