Gel food

orandafan1

Hi guys,

I have seen that DIY gel food is very popular in America. In Germany there are not many People feeding gel food.

It looks quiet easy and I just wanted to try something new that is maybe a little healthier for my fishes.But I am still searching for some good recipes.

Do you have some good recipes for me?

regards,

Ben

I actually prefer a quality pre-made gel food that has both macro and trace nutrients to making my own. I use Repashy Soilent Green.

If you would like to make your own gel food, there are recipes pinned at the top of the Food section of this forum. Sorry I can't be of more help other than recommending a good product, but I've never made my own gel food and likely never will - although, if I ever need a specific ingredient that's not present in the product (like a probiotic after a course of antibiotics), all I would need to do would be to add it to the gel after boiling it.

Ken of Dandy Orandas highly recommends the Soilent Green, and said he stopped messing with DIY gels after discovering this product, since it's so complete and he trusts the amounts and proportions of the ingredients. He is of the opinion that moist foods are much more beneficial than dry foods, and should be fed as a staple.

Edited by *Amanda*

I agree with Amanda. If you can get ahold of some Repashy Soilent Green or even some Repashy Super Green and supplement that with frozen bloodworms, you will have a choice of two complete diets for your fish without extra work.

Wish I could give you my recipe but I sorta just eyeball it. :donthit:

Finding repashy is your best bet but I believe there are some recipes here on the forum.