Nerite snail eggs everywhere

I recently purchased 2 nerite snails for the first time, and am noticing eggs all over the tank. She's even laying eggs on the poor mystery snails! [emoji38]

Is there any hope of these hatching?

Sometimes they do hatch in FW but they are not born as snails, rather little veligers, and the filtration will most likely kill them.

They're very small plankton-like creatures out of the egg and it takes time for them to develop into a snail. If you do happen to see any of the nearly-invisible creatures floating around, put them in a container and see what happens. :idont If you can, salt it up to brackish water.

I have a strand of a plant in brackish water right now with a handful of eggs. :teehee

Edited by Chai

When I first had my 20g tank set up and purchased a couple of nerite snails I had asked the same question. I was worried about having lots of them and didn't want any. :( I was told they need brackish water. My little snails were laying eggs everywhere even on the other snail also. After which seemed like forever it finally settled down and I don't even notice them anymore. I'm personally glad because those were hard to get off the glass, heater, rocks,.......

It sounds like your wanting some. I hope you succeed. :)

What concentration of salt should I use if I do want the eggs to hatch? They are stuck on there so firmly, though, that I'd be afraid of breaking them if I were to attempt to remove them from the glass.

I'd only had apple snails until I got this pair of nerites after hearing so many good things about them. I kind of prefer the apples, so I'm still undecided if I want more nerites.

Edited by *Amanda*