Betta not eating

Hey guys! My newest betta, Boris, doesn't seem to be eating. I got him on Saturday, about 6 days ago, and haven't seen him eat. He'll take the food into his mouth and then spit it out again, but then just leaves it alone once it sinks.

I've tried giving him the regular Omega One Betta Buffet pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, Tetra min Tropical Flakes,Hikari Tropical Micro pellets, and New Era tropical pellets after finding out that that's what the pet store fed them. The most he'll do is chew it, then spit it out.

At first I figured it was just stress from the move, but this morning he started to bottom-sit as well,which is starting to worry me. Before this, he seemed otherwise just fine, swimming about and flaring at the other betta through the divider.

The other betta he shares his divided tank with is doing just fine,hungry as always and swimming about.

*As a note, since there seems to be something going on with my spare 10G tank, I do not have any kind of tank in which to separate Boris from his tankmate, other than a small cube which is currently housing my 3rd betta while he regains his strength.

I'm sorry your betta isn't doing well. How is he today? It would be best to fill out the d&d questionnaire form and perhaps a photo or short video of your betta. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to post the form here for you. Perhaps someone that knows will.

I just got home, and will be leaving again shortly,so I haven't gotten a chance to test the tank. I checked on him this morning, and after a couple gently taps on the tank he was up and swimming, but still not eating. I'll be able to test the water and fill out the forms in a few hours when I'm back home again.

This sounds exactly like what happened to my betta. I followed nearly standard (1tsp per 2 gallons instead of per 1 gallon) goldfish procedure for prazi QT and he's been fine ever since then. Since I'm not a mod, I can't guarantee that's what you should do but it's something I'd thought would be worth mentioning as it sounds very similar.

This sounds exactly like what happened to my betta. I followed nearly standard (1tsp per 2 gallons instead of per 1 gallon) goldfish procedure for prazi QT and he's been fine ever since then. Since I'm not a mod, I can't guarantee that's what you should do but it's something I'd thought would be worth mentioning as it sounds very similar.

How often do you prazi your bettas, Cat? I was just curious. I think I might prazi mine when I get some prazipro. Do you do it routinely, like goldfish? You go saltless with bettas, right? How many rounds?

SynthHermit, I'm sorry your betta isn't eating. :( If I were you I'd keep the water as pristine as humanly possible-- when my betta was sick I did 50% + WCs on his tank daily, along with double-dosing Prime. Try giving him some frozen bloodworms rather than freeze-dried. Even better, soak them in some garlic juice and feed via tweezers. That might be more appetizing.

I'm not a mod, but I'm just throwing out some suggestions. :idont Prazi doesn't sound like a bad idea, either. I don't think it'll hurt to try. Once bettas succumb to stress (he may have become stressed from the move), disease can easily infiltrate their immune systems.

like Cat and Georgia said we are no mods but it is stuff that you could try.

Look at his gills, are they a good healthy color or do they look like they are dull or off color?

Edited by Moucho+Moncho

From what I can see of his gills ( since he's being a butt and won't give me a decent angle to look), they look okay to me. A little of his beard hangs out at the bottom,but I don't think that's concerning,is it?

A couple pictures of Boris:

hujahavu.jpg

u9uzyju2.jpg

4ybanusu.jpg

I can do a w/c in the morning, as it's needed anyways.