Rain Garden Goldfish?

I've purchased all of my Tamasaba from him, as well as a veil-tailed oranda. Highly recommend him!

Steve is an exceptionally knowledgeable breeder and although the fish are quite pricey, shipping is the best I have found for flat-rate.

The only thing I would recommend to do is to QT and run a minimum 5 rounds of Prazi on all fish, as all fish I have ordered from him have had flukes that needed treatment. But standard QT procedures tell us to do this anyway, so it goes without saying.

You can find more reviews on Steve and his fish by checking out the Online Vendors Reviews section here on Koko's, under the "Classifieds and Reviews" header.

Take a look at their swimming in the video and go with whomever is more active and balanced.

that's not helping unfortunately they both look like very happy active little guys! Lol

I love the blue one!! :heart If I had the room I'd snipe him/her out from under you :P

go ahead then I would only have one to choose from lol

Take a look at their swimming in the video and go with whomever is more active and balanced.

that's not helping unfortunately they both look like very happy active little guys! Lol

I love the blue one!! :heart If I had the room I'd snipe him/her out from under you :P

wish I had room! I vote for that one! (assuming the video looks good), but they are both very cute :)

I love the blue one!! [emoji813] If I had the room I'd snipe him/her out from under you :P

But if you look, the orange one does quite a bit more 'bouncing' off the bottom of the tank. The blue looks quite a bit more graceful and balanced. She spends more of her time in a good posture. I would get her.

I'm a sucker for any animal that has any orange color, But I think I like the Black (Blue) one better because it has such a cute face. Besides he does seem really active and healthy.

I almost bought that blue oranda.

I bought a veiltail from RainGarden recently, and am very happy with her. She is a very healthy fish. [emoji1]

These fish are MUCH more massive than what I see in the pet stores. I was really shocked at first; she has the same measurements as fish I have bought in the past from the shops but her body is HUGE.

Just an FYI though, it did take her several weeks to get used to being in my aquarium. Steve keeps his fish in ponds. I was really concerned about it because she was resting on the bottom nearly 24/7, so I emailed Steve about it and he said it would take some time for her to adjust, and advised that I leave the light off more regularly and feed sparingly in the meantime.

It has now been about 6 weeks and she is VERY lively and active. She even swims up and takes food right out of my hand. [emoji1]

a9yju9em.jpg

Edited by *Amanda*

My veil tail angel come rain garden. I have had her oft little over a year. She has not grown any and does a lot of bottom sitting but I think here tail tires her. I would order from again if I had room.

My veil tail angel come rain garden. I have had her oft little over a year. She has not grown any and does a lot of bottom sitting but I think here tail tires her. I would order from again if I had room.

Yeah, I think the long tails exhaust them. That's a lot of weight to carry around. [emoji38]

Speaking of veiltails, the chocolate male that they have has a GORGEOUS tail. Both his caudal and anal fins are very full, and literally hang straight down when he's still! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0DLIVAWwnBQ

I've bought several fish from Steve and they all did wonderful! I was always careful to watch the videos and see how active the fish was and how well it swam. I didn't buy a few because they spent the video just kind of hanging at the bottom. I don't know if that has anything to do with how well my fish did in the long run, but their behavior in the video was always a deciding factor.

Edited by Kulukan

Congratulations on deciding to purchase a fish from Steve. I purchased a Blue Oranda from Rain Garden back in Oct. 2013. FedEx arrived early. The package was in excellent condition as was the contents. He doubled bag the fish. No leaks, and the fish was in excellent condition. I had emailed Steve at least 3 or 4 times prior to my purchase wanting to know which Blue Oranda's were Male for I was wanting one. Back then he wasn't posting the gender. I had asked him a couple of other questions also. Every email I had sent him he was prompt on his reply back to me. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Steve and his business. If you have any questions/concerns just send Steve an email. He was awesome in helping me with my decision.

I did qt my fish for a long time even though he acted normal, looked fine, and had a big appetite. Though...In the first week(s) or so he did seem like he wanted out of his qt tank. I don't think he liked being confined in such a small tank. I think I had him in a 20 long and he was 6 inches total back then. I just remember him splashing me a few times when I approached his tank. I was afraid he was going to jump out so I put a glass lid on top just to be safe. I did have an opening for better oxygen though. He's now in a 60g.

Edited by 4prettyfish