Sign in to follow this  
Kulukan

My 3 betta boys

These are my 3 boys that live in my water spot nightmare riparium. I am in the process of replanting some of it and will post full pictures when it is done.

This is Kael'thas. He was labeled as a half moon at Petco. He is pretty small compared to the other two.

DSC_0087_zpsb70002c7.jpg

DSC_0191_zps4f5a1035.jpg

DSC_0065_zpsa50baaec.jpg

This Illlidan. He was labeled as a delta tail at Petco. He was very grey when I brought him home and I was really surprised at how handsome he turned out. He is extremely uncooperative when it comes to pictures. His color seems to be a kind of steel blue body with gold/purple/red fins. he is very purple from the top view.

DSC_0228_zpsc7c08133.jpg

DSC_0211_zps99bcfdc3.jpg

DSC_0178_zpsbe329815.jpg

This is Arthas. He is a plakat dumbo that I got from a seller on eBay. He is very active and the only one of the three that flares up at his reflection.

DSC_0098_zpsc3071634.jpg

DSC_0236_zps7608e550.jpg

DSC_0080_zpse428be1f.jpg

DSC_0090_zps72f8327a.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Gorgeous! I particularly love Arthas. :D

I love all three except the first one is my favourite he looks just like my Gandalf who is the same colour as kael'thas except my Gandalf doesn't have as long and flowing fins

Beautiful!! I take it you are a WoW fan?

Big fan of Arthas, the showy pectoral fins get me. ^^and ya gotta be a WoW fan lol

Wow, they are beautiful!

Big fan of Arthas, the showy pectoral fins get me. ^^and ya gotta be a WoW fan lol

Here I go again.... :rolleyes: What is WoW?

World of Warcraft, I think. And Arthas is a character, I presume.

Your bettas are lovely! How large is their tank? :)

It's an online game, based in fantasy, where you can participate in events, quests and other activities with millions of others. You create a character and "level" them. The more you fight, quest, raid, and gather for equipment the easier and in some respects harder the game gets. It's extremely complicated and in depth with a zillion different things to do. Hard to explain but there's a shot. The names of his fish are also names of characters of note in the games storyline.

It's an online game, based in fantasy, where you can participate in events, quests and other activities with millions of others. You create a character and "level" them. The more you fight, quest, raid, and gather for equipment the easier and in some respects harder the game gets. It's extremely complicated and in depth with a zillion different things to do. Hard to explain but there's a shot. The names of his fish are also names of characters of note in the games storyline.

Hey, you just became a FullMember! Congrats.

Wonderful fish! I used to have a Dumbo Elephant Ear Betta named Nester but he got some kind of bacterial infection and he died because none of the medications worked :( I got mine from Walmart and he was the only Dumbo Betta there so I think he was accidently sent there and was labeled as just a regular male Betta! He was 3.99 and at Petco they sell for 20.00!

Beautiful boys! I really love dumbos :heart

I love the dumbo too but they're all beautiful :)

Thanks everyone :) I'm on my phone so it's really hard to quote anyone. I used to play a LOT of WoW. I just found out that there are novels about the lore and I enjoyed reading them so much I named my fishes for some of the bosses I had the most fun killing.

They are all gorgeous, but I love Illidan best! :)

Thanks! Here he is when I first brought him home. Very gray and a huge tail split.

IMG_20140613_165244_zpsgxoidecz.jpg

IMG_20140613_165241_zpsckk2qj28.jpg

Edited by Kulukan

Thanks! Here he is when I first brought him home. Very gray and a huge tail split.

IMG_20140613_165244_zpsgxoidecz.jpg

IMG_20140613_165241_zpsckk2qj28.jpg

Wow you've done a fantastic job! Look at that difference!

World of Warcraft, I think. And Arthas is a character, I presume.

Your bettas are lovely! How large is their tank? :)

Oops! Just saw this they are in a 37 gallon divided riparium, because of the depth of the dirt and gravel I can only guess that each fish has between 5 and 7 gallons. I know that when I use a 5 gallon bucket to do water changes that one bucket full seems to be about 25%. The sections are divided with black acrylic so that they cannot see each other and each section has its own sponge filter.

And thanks ActiasAmy :) I'm really surprised how nice he turned out.

Wow you sure are giving them a lot of space! :)

I wanted this tank to be easy :P lots and lots of plants to keep my nitrates down. Each fish gets and eats his daily allotment of pellets so the malaysian trumpet snails only get to eat and clean up rotting plants (plus it keeps their population in check). With only 3 fish in ~20 gallons of water I don't have to worry about that tank too much (except with such a low bioload I am going to have to start ferts for all the plants).

You seem like you've got it all figured out! I think betas are so neat.

You seem like you've got it all figured out! I think betas are so neat.

Ha! I wouldn't say that :P but I am trying.