Started Prazi treatment is this normal or should I be concerned

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank) 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) 10 ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8 KH, GH and chlor dont know
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.8
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API
      • * Water temperature? 78
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 gallons 10 months
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aquaclear 70 & Eheim Classic Canister 2215
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 80% every 5 days.
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2, Shukin goldfish 7 inches, bristlenose pleco 6 inches
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Repashy gel food mixture, Hikari Lionhead, Blood Worms
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? No
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Prazipro, Salt
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Salt 0.1%, Prazipro 3 tsp. 2 days today
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Bloodystreaks and sores on tale.
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No just the bloody streaks and sores

Just double checking with you guys as I am new to this and have some concerns. I have had this shukin for 7 months now so thought it was long due for a prazi treatment (probably should of done it sooner from the looks of it). Yesterday (first day of treatment)he developed a sore on one side of his tail and I started noticing bloody streaks running on the same side. Today alot more little sores have appeared and more blood streaks on his tail.

So my question is should I be concerned or is this normal during treatment? Hoping it is just the little buggers falling off. His behavior is normal has been eating normally as well only abnormality is the sores on his tail and the blood streaks. I tried my best to get a picture with my phone (don't have a camera) and could only get a decent picture of the big sore not the blood streaks on his tail. Thank you in advance for your input.

http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/ras0625/media/20140720_102627_zpsb83a3908.jpg.html

20140720_102627_zpsb83a3908.jpg

I've used Prazi many times and I've never seen it do that to a goldfish! Hopefully the mods will have an answer for you.

Does this fish have any history of dropsy? Do you have the tank salted at all?

Is it the white spot on the tail you are concerned about? This can be a sign of flukes. What prazi schedule are you following?

Tammy, he said salt is at 0.1%. :D

Yes that white spot and it has blood streaks running through it and the other sores that have developed. I was aiming for 5 day rounds unless I should try another.

As far as dropsy himself no but a month ago I lost his tank mate to dropsy caught it too late so could not save her. I do have metromeds left from trying to treat her.

Is it the white spot on the tail you are concerned about? This can be a sign of flukes. What prazi schedule are you following?

Tammy, he said salt is at 0.1%. :D

I totally missed that! :rofl3

Like Lisa said, the white dots are normal :)

Ok well glad to hear it is fine thanks guys. I will just monitor the situation.

I think a white dot is a bit different from a sore. I'd love to see a picture if you can manage to get one, or a video even. Just to rule out that its not something more serious :)