Goldfish Tank Update

tithra

Hi all! Took some pics of the tank today, figured I'd share! :)

I am trying a glosso carpet for the second time... I am determined to make something carpet in this tank, we'll see how it goes.

Full tank2Full tank1Edie3Edie2Hashi1Hashi3

Love the tank and fish how do you get your plants to look like that?? Also would you allow me to steal Edie and Hashi just for a bit :):teehee:rolleyes:

Thank you! I use high light, ferts, and co2 for the plants :P we could do a fish swap! Lol

Oooh looks like hashi is gaining some red on his tail!!

Your tank is beautiful as always and your fish are absolutely stunning

The red is actually not coloring, it's some dilated blood vessels ...he's acting normal so I don't think he's sick. He's always had a reactive tail but it usually comes and goes. But he's had that redness for a few months now so I'm not sure what's up. May just be permanently like that :idont

The tank is amazing, and of course the fish are beautiful :D

Thank you :)

Wow Jess, this looks great! I never get tired of seeing Edie and Hashi. :wub: Your photos are amazing!

Have you ever tried cabomba in any of your tanks? It's such a beautiful plant, however my thumb is not green enough for it. :P

Jess your task looks absolutely stunning!!

I'm a big fan of the black background and black substrate look, it really makes your goldies colours pop.

May I ask which lights you have in there?

Beautiful!! :heart give me Edie!!! :wub: I want a carpet in my tank too LOL that's never gone happen xD

me too! I'm not sure if it's going to happen for me either, but I'm going to keep trying :P

Wow Jess, this looks great! I never get tired of seeing Edie and Hashi. :wub: Your photos are amazing!

Have you ever tried cabomba in any of your tanks? It's such a beautiful plant, however my thumb is not green enough for it. :P

I haven't ever had cabomba, I think in my high tech tanks it would grow a little too out of control for my liking :P I have kept limnophila aquatica which looks similar. Just keep trying! Practice makes perfect ;)

Jess your task looks absolutely stunning!!

I'm a big fan of the black background and black substrate look, it really makes your goldies colours pop.

May I ask which lights you have in there?

Thank you! I have a 6 bulb sunlight supply tek light - they don't make these anymore unfortunately because the company went under. They are great lights though if you can find them used. I only run 4 of the 6 bulbs and the fixture is raised quite a bit.

Love! :heart

:D

Absolutely perfect, great taste, and beautiful orandas. Love love love seeing your tanks. Also Ps, should you get something to carpet let me know! Dying for a heavily planted tank with a small carpet in the front. Having a very difficult time finding anything that will stick, at least locally.

Agh they both remind me of ancient chinese artwork. :heart

Everything in your tanks is always beautiful.

thank you chelsea :)

Beautiful shots of your lovely fish and tank Tithra. Good luck growing your plant carpet.

thank you!

Beautiful!

thanks red!

Absolutely perfect, great taste, and beautiful orandas. Love love love seeing your tanks. Also Ps, should you get something to carpet let me know! Dying for a heavily planted tank with a small carpet in the front. Having a very difficult time finding anything that will stick, at least locally.

I will keep you updated on how it's going. I actually think that marselia quadrifolia is a good candidate for a goldfish carpet, I had some for awhile, but it got totally taken over by black beard algae at the time. It is similar to glosso, but larger thicker leaves, good root system, and does not have significant light/co2 requirements like many carpeting plants. Downside though is it grows painfully slow in my experience.

Agh they both remind me of ancient chinese artwork. [emoji813]

Beautiful shots of your lovely fish and tank Tithra. Good luck growing your plant carpet.

thank you!

Beautiful!

thanks red!

I will keep you updated on how it's going. I actually think that marselia quadrifolia is a good candidate for a goldfish carpet, I had some for awhile, but it got totally taken over by black beard algae at the time. It is similar to glosso, but larger thicker leaves, good root system, and does not have significant light/co2 requirements like many carpeting plants. Downside though is it grows painfully slow in my experience.
I am not a patient lady but this is at least a 2-3 year setup now so I'm thinking I might give that a shot. Thanks for the tip I'll jot that plant down in notes and bring it to my LFS to see if I can't order it in. Gosh knows I'll never be able to pronounce it out loud and online shipping options for plants here are zilch.

Also black beard algae is the most ridiculous name I've ever heard for an algae species. I laughed out loud.

Agh they both remind me of ancient chinese artwork. [emoji813]

thank you!

Beautiful!
thanks red!

I am not a patient lady but this is at least a 2-3 year setup now so I'm thinking I might give that a shot. Thanks for the tip I'll jot that plant down in notes and bring it to my LFS to see if I can't order it in. Gosh knows I'll never be able to pronounce it out loud and online shipping options for plants here are zilch.

Also black beard algae is the most ridiculous name I've ever heard for an algae species. I laughed out loud.

:P Might sound funny but I think it's the worst possible algae you can get, the stuff is so aggressive and tough to get rid of!

Gorgeous, Jess! :D

I hope you have better luck with the glosso off the bat. Once I had the light sorted, mine didn't want to spread horizontally until after its second or third trimming.