Old fish, new fish, need tank upgrade advice

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to apologize! :hug

It will work out. You've done such a great job with your 2 fish already! :D

:wub: thank you :wub: I owe it all to my wonderful friends on Kokos. Especially you! You were my savior when it came to cycling my tank when I knew NOTHING about goldfish. (or fish in general). I would be lost without you guys :wub:

Thank you for all of the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time. My husband just totally rained on my parade. :cry

Virtually moving your furniture was fun. Don't worry. :)

Well, it depends how far away you sit. If you sit about 10ft away, it really isn't bad. I'd say when I sit and watch the TV my head is tilted at only about 15° of elevation. My neck doesn't get sore at all. It also frees up a lot of space. Of course, it all depends on how it affects you. Mine isn't mounted, but instead just sits on its stand on the mantle. mazyhery.jpg

Edited by Justin

Thank you for all of the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm sorry if I wasted anyone's time. My husband just totally rained on my parade. :cry

Don't worry about it. I went back and forth so many times on EVERYTHING about my new setup, haha. I can be very indecisive, but my tank is turning into something cool. Now, the only things missing are the plants and driftwood, which I really hope get here today!

vahe7ury.jpg

Don't worry about it. I went back and forth so many times on EVERYTHING about my new setup, haha. I can be very indecisive, but my tank is turning into something cool. Now, the only things missing are the plants and driftwood, which I really hope get here today!

vahe7ury.jpg

very nice! :)

Sounds like you need to tell your husband who is the boss! :)

Well, he already knows that! :teehee But given the size of the room, in this case, he's probably right. 75g would overtake our whole living room. Looks like we better get working on that basement!

Love your avatar Christine. You are so pretty! :teehee

Thank you :) You are so sweet! :wub:

I couldn't sleep last night so I figured I change it up a bit. I was trying to add the two new little guys to my signature (one on each side of the fancies) but I couldn't get it to line up nicely. I'll keep trying. :teehee

Anyway, today I went out and bought a bigger plastic tub for $10 to put the babies in. I got a 52qt which is 13g, took my tetra whisper 30 from my current tank and put it on the tub. I also added an air stone. They seem very interested in the new set up. I think they like the bubbles!

I also bought a new Aqueon quiet flow 30 to put on the 29g, so now it has 2 of the same filters on it with 400gph filtration! This should get me by for the time being until I can make a well thought out decision on the new tank for the fancies.

Love your avatar Christine. You are so pretty! :teehee

Thank you :) You are so sweet! :wub:

I couldn't sleep last night so I figured I change it up a bit. I was trying to add the two new little guys to my signature (one on each side of the fancies) but I couldn't get it to line up nicely. I'll keep trying. :teehee

Anyway, today I went out and bought a bigger plastic tub for $10 to put the babies in. I got a 52qt which is 13g, took my tetra whisper 30 from my current tank and put it on the tub. I also added an air stone. They seem very interested in the new set up. I think they like the bubbles!

I also bought a new Aqueon quiet flow 30 to put on the 29g, so now it has 2 of the same filters on it with 400gph filtration! This should get me by for the time being until I can make a well thought out decision on the new tank for the fancies.

My goldfish love the bubbles. I never really wanted a bubbler until I bought one a few months ago for my QT tank. (That was my first QT without a filter, so I needed an airstone for water movement.) I used to viewed it as just an extra expense that my fish didn't need. But I have seen less surface gulping since I added it, and I really like the way the bubble wands look. The fish just LOVE to swim through and play in the bubbles, and it's great fun for me to watch! [emoji1]