40 Breeder Planted Betta Tank Journal

tithra

huh, I don't know why? I used flickr and could only get the html link to work for some reason, so that might be an issue on mobile devices :idont

Updated pic, did some rearranging. Have some empty space that I need to figure out what to do with

I love the tank :o its making me envious now :) and the betta looks so tiny

thank you! I tried to get pics of the betta, but she disappears easily in that tank :P

I can see why she disappears so easily :)

Empty space = More plants. :)

Beautiful as always.

I have a few questions for you Jess if you don't mind. You only have your one betta in a 40g, correct? You don't need more waste (poop) to keep the plants thriving? Is it because you have a C02? My thinking might just be wrong. I have my one betta in my 20g w/live plants and I keep thinking at times I need more fish to keep my plants looking good because I don't have a Co2 system. And I'm also not sure why I keep thinking this at times for my plants are doing good. haha

• 3 weeks later...

Empty space = More plants. :)

Beautiful as always.

I have a few questions for you Jess if you don't mind. You only have your one betta in a 40g, correct? You don't need more waste (poop) to keep the plants thriving? Is it because you have a C02? My thinking might just be wrong. I have my one betta in my 20g w/live plants and I keep thinking at times I need more fish to keep my plants looking good because I don't have a Co2 system. And I'm also not sure why I keep thinking this at times for my plants are doing good. haha

oh geez, just seeing this, I'm so sorry!

yes, only one betta in the 40. I dose fertilizers so there is no need for the plants to rely on the fish waste for food. I could have no fish in this tank and the plants would be fine because of the fertilizers :) And I have to dose fertilizers because really no amount of fish would be able to provide adequate nutrients in a high light tank - the plants' need for more nutrients significantly increases with the light increase. And I also have to have co2 in this tank because of light levels.

You could try dosing some fertilizers in your 20 gallon. Just 1-2x/week (I assume your lighting is in the low-medium range?) You could try excel and flourish comprehensive/flourish trace, or you could go with excel and dry ferts. But....

Okay, did some more work on this tank! Its slowly coming together ;)

bettatank11_zpsfaf112a8.jpg

bettatank12_zpscdd309d4.jpg

bettatank13_zps8b3a5e36.jpg