What do I do now? My daughter won a fish

andry6

I am feeding them the hikari purple pellets. I also have the repashy soilent green. I was going to add that next.

I just weighed them. They were extremely hard to catch by the way! They are fast little fishies!

Sushi, the white one, is 3.5g

Sunrise is 2.5g

Those are both excellent foods. [emoji4]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fry was between 7-9 weeks at those weights. :teehee

Those pellets are tiny so that's about the right amount I'd say. :D I wouldn't worry too much about the long poo from what I'm sure is still a fry. :lisa:

ok, stupid question. When is a fry no longer a fry?

Those pellets are tiny so that's about the right amount I'd say. :D I wouldn't worry too much about the long poo from what I'm sure is still a fry. :lisa:

I have no idea. :tomuch: I think we had this discussion once. Don't remember that answer though. Where's Sharon? :teehee

I have no idea. :tomuch: I think we had this discussion once. Don't remember that answer though. Where's Sharon? :teehee

And, I don't know if you remember or not, but last year around this time I was trying to cycle my tank and we were going on vacation. Remember your wonderful BBs did the job!?!

Well, wouldn't you know it, we are scheduled to leave for a few days in about a week. Can I leave these little guys with no food for two days? We leave on a Sunday and will be back on Wednesday, so they will be without food for Monday and Tuesday.

Of course I remember!! :D

They will be fine without food for 2 days. You can add some plants if you'd like--water sprite, duckweed (although that one gets sucked up by the filter pretty easily), wisteria. :idont But they will be ok for 2 days if live plants aren't an option.

I think this is like the question, "When is your child no longer your baby?"

You could point to an adult fish and say, "That is one of the fry from that fish over there." I can find a distinction between larvae (still have yolk sac) and fry, but I can't find what distinguishes fry from juveniles/fingerings or whatever immature fish of the particular species is called. It seems to vary with species.

update:

both fish are looking good! Much more active. They actually appear to be "playing" with each other. Eating like horses and definitely not bottom sitting anymore. Thank you to all who have helped me through this. Only having one year experience with goldfish, this is quite an accomplishment for me.
"feeder fish" have never made it past a few days for me...ever!

I never thought I would get into this whole fish keeping hobby, but these "aqua babies" have really found a way into my heart :wub:

I've watched my fancies grow at least 6x their size in the last year and they weren't this small, so watching these little guys grow will be fun!