12 inch Oranda - He goes by "Titan

This is Titan - he is 12 inches long. He lives in a custom 66 gallon aquarium that is 2 feet wide. The Ryukin is no longer with him (but in this video the Ryukin is 3 inches long, so that gives you some idea of Titan's massive size). He enjoys Omega One sinking Saltwater Pellets and HBH Algae Grazers Discs. I'm hoping for 14 inches.

Enjoy!

Edited by apecentral

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beautiful :) my supplier has giant Orandas too.. but i have never wanted to keep them, myself.. i just enjoy them every time i visit his warehouse :)

Thank you! They get quite large, and if you don't trim thier wens they loose the ability to see clearly (or at all) but he seems to find his food quite easliy - so I don't trim.

Beautiful goldfish! Could you tell what do you feed them with!

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! Omega One sinking Salwater pellets and HBH Algae Grazers Discs.

Edited by apecentral

:hi

hey, I know you from youtube! :D Your fish are lovely.... now you just need some plants in those tanks! :rofl

Hey, I know you! :) Plants are salad to my scaled friends. :)

Lol, what about some anubias??? :P

Good to see you here!

I would be interested to know how much that fish weighs.

I would be curious too!

Do you have a kitchen scale you could use? I have been collecting info on fish weight and length (length though being tip of nose to the peduncle, excluding tail) if you want to add yours! http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103446-weight-and-size-of-your-fish/?hl=%20fish%20%20weight

:hi

hey, I know you from youtube! :D Your fish are lovely.... now you just need some plants in those tanks! :rofl

Hey, I know you! :) Plants are salad to my scaled friends. :)

Lol, what about some anubias??? :P

Good to see you here!

I'm all about the goldfish and filtration. No plants required! ;) Though I do love plants.

All of your fish are beautiful and Titan is huge.

I enjoyed seeing your video's/fish.

Thank you very much!!

They are all very nice fish. Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for your kind words!!

I would be interested to know how much that fish weighs.

I would be curious too!

Do you have a kitchen scale you could use? I have been collecting info on fish weight and length (length though being tip of nose to the peduncle, excluding tail) if you want to add yours! http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103446-weight-and-size-of-your-fish/?hl=%20fish%20%20weight

I'd say almost 2 pounds. As a fisherman, I measure from tip of nose to tip of tail :) Having said that i'd say that tip of the nose to the tip of the tail base - 7.5 - 8 inches. 12 inches in total - i measured that length. :) I'm hoping for about 14 inches, or 9 inches in your measurement. :)

I couldn't pull him out of the tank to weigh him, i'd be affraid i'd hurt him. I don't have a net that's big enough. :)

Edited by apecentral

My fish that was this size was only half a pound. It would be interesting to see how he comes out when you weigh him.

I would just use your hands to get him out. Uding nets is potentially damaging to the fish.

Edited by ChelseaM

My fish that was this size was only half a pound. It would be interesting to see how he comes out when you weigh him.

I would just use your hands to get him out. Uding nets is potentially damaging to the fish.

Then i guess he's half a pound. He just looks heavy.

I think i'll just leave him in the water! No need to weigh him. :)