Sign in to follow this  
Flipper

Weird Poop

I've noticed a few long white stringy poops in my 55 gal. But the one just saw takes the cake :o before the filter sucked it up, it was close to 8-10 inches long :( whitish clear and stringy. I'm unsure if they're from Quinn or Florence.

I also have several snails and a bn pleco in this tank so if you think I should add salt or other med I'd also like to know if it's safe for the other inhabitants?

I salted and prazied this tank at the end of April because Quinn's vent was red and tail was having streaking issues.

Last WC was Wednesday and I did about 80-85% and I use prazi as my conditioner.

I feed usually 2-3 times per day. Omega one gf pellets, broken up algae wafers, Thera-a pellets, hikari (purple bag) and frozen mysis shrimp and frozen blood worms.

Pics to follow....

ybu2e2ap.jpg

ysusy2e7.jpg

eqe4y8ub.jpg

a5ezynar.jpg

ubyvu7y6.jpg

Water results:

Tank: ph- 8.2 ammonia- 0 trite-0 trate- 5-10

Tap: ph- 8.8 ammonia-1 trite-0 trate-- 5-10

:hmm

:help:

Hope it's nothing serious Aubrey.

How are the fish acting?...eating okay?

Edited by Mr. Hyde

If from Beatrice, I think it may just be egg re-absorption. Let's let a mod see, though. :hug

Hope it's nothing serious Aubrey.

How are the fish acting?...eating okay?

Thanks Mike ;)

They are as hungry as ever :feedme

But now that I'm thinking about it :hmm Quinn might be a bit more floaty than typical and he does LOVE to surface gulp during and after feedings :rolleyes:

I've seen both hangin near the bottom if I've left the house for a bit but as soon as I walk into the room with their tank they perk right up and begin the goldfish feed me now dance :happydance

If from Beatrice, I think it may just be egg re-absorption. Let's let a mod see, though. :hug

:rofl you remembered her name better than me :o I get my 2 lemon heads mixed up :teehee

I have a feeling it's my Quinny :cry

:o:rofl

Awe :(. Im not sure what it could be. Maybe bacterial or constipation. Let's wait for a mod though.

Had some in my tank too. I thought it was constipation so I fed peas and I'm watching for green poop.

I hope every thing goes ok.

Thank you :)

Had some in my tank too. I thought it was constipation so I fed peas and I'm watching for green poop.

Good suggestion. I need to buy some peas :o ours have freezer burn, but maybe fish don't care about that :idont

Edited by Flipper

The fish really won't care about freezer burn. :D

I have some of this in my tank, too. I picked up a piece (gross, I know) and it actually felt like slime coat. My fish are pooping normally, so I'm not sure if this is poop or not. Did you actually see it come out of your fish's butt? Or did you just see it in the tank?

I have some of this in my tank, too. I picked up a piece (gross, I know) and it actually felt like slime coat. My fish are pooping normally, so I'm not sure if this is poop or not. Did you actually see it come out of your fish's butt? Or did you just see it in the tank?

No, I've not been around to see either fish poo :hmm

The fish still acting okay Aubrey?

Anymore odd poop?

Aubrey I had the most insanely long white poops from my ranchu when I first got her, the pics are on my D&D thread. Hopefully yours will be nothing serious, but I'd keep an eye on them, and do keep us updated :) sending you lots of happy normal poo thoughts!

Aubrey, did you try as Mark suggested? often they just need a nice clean out of the tract from time to time. what you are seeing is poop. if you have tried the peas and matters are still not resolved, please update us :)

The fish still acting okay Aubrey?

Anymore odd poop?

Yeah, the fish are acting like my normal little water piggies :goldfish:

Aubrey I had the most insanely long white poops from my ranchu when I first got her, the pics are on my D&D thread. Hopefully yours will be nothing serious, but I'd keep an eye on them, and do keep us updated :) sending you lots of happy normal poo thoughts!

Thanks! I love normal poo thoughts! :rofl

Aubrey, did you try as Mark suggested? often they just need a nice clean out of the tract from time to time. what you are seeing is poop. if you have tried the peas and matters are still not resolved, please update us :)

Hi Helen :) I fed peas this morning a couple hours ago. It was the first opportunity I had to do so :peeka I'll post as soon as I see green poos :nana

Today is also wc day :)

Hi Aubrey,

The stringy white poop is not unusual coming from fish in a tank with sand substrate. Combined with normal activity level and behavior, I would say that it's not really anything to worry about.

I do not think that this is resorbed eggs.

That was one long poop you photographed. I hope it's nothing serious and that all your fish will be okay.

I've seen poop shorter but identical in texture, colour and consistency from both my ranchu, with alternating perfectly normal food colour/thick poos. I'll follow this and keep Alex's advice in mind as my fish are on sand substrate. Good question, good pictures

Hi Aubrey,

The stringy white poop is not unusual coming from fish in a tank with sand substrate. Combined with normal activity level and behavior, I would say that it's not really anything to worry about.

I do not think that this is resorbed eggs.

Thanks for the reassurance Alex :) I fed peas once last week and yesterday. I haven't seen a ton of green poos :o

I'm thinking these two are a scootch constipated :(

That was one long poop you photographed. I hope it's nothing serious and that all your fish will be okay.

Thanks Cheryl :)

I've seen poop shorter but identical in texture, colour and consistency from both my ranchu, with alternating perfectly normal food colour/thick poos. I'll follow this and keep Alex's advice in mind as my fish are on sand substrate. Good question, good pictures

God luck with your fishes :P

:( Quinn seems to be sort of pinned at the top of the tank :(

He is able to swim to the bottom of the 55g but then floats back up to the top if he isn't actively swimming :(

Last wc was 2 days ago. I did 80%