Sign in to follow this  
Remo AkaGizmo Barcellone

I got my water issue solved!

And you know who I have to thank? (Besides you amazing people giving alot of advice!) My amazing fiance! She picked a water treatment when we were at Pets at Home, and it worked. Tetra GREEN AWAY. It's insane how it worked IMMEDIATELY. Anyway, here's a

quick photo. I've had pea soup water for a while so haven't totally cleaned up after it just yet, so forgive the mess!

IMAG0415.jpg

IMAG0417.jpg

IMAG0418.jpg

IMAG0419.jpg

I cannot believe how difficult it is to get a good, justifiable photo of my tank right now haha. Before it was like a green cloud in there. Nasty.

Edited by HalfOfZero

I've never really been able to appreciate how beautiful your fish are before! They're gorgeous :wub:

Edited by Lis.

Beautiful fish! I also really like your tank layout. Congrats on finding a solution to your water issues. :)

glad it worked for you! :) Hopefully it doesn't come back!

As an aside (and I really don't mean to rain on any parade!), I just have to note in case others are reading this thread that algaecides such as this should be used with great caution (and I couldn't bring up ingredients on this product, so I can't speak to the specific ingredients). I would highly recommend that anyone using an algaecide remove fish from the tank during treatment, as there are far too many reports of these products effecting fish and potentially killing them even though they claim not to.

Beautiful fish!!..glad you got it sorted!!

glad it worked for you! :) Hopefully it doesn't come back!

As an aside (and I really don't mean to rain on any parade!), I just have to note in case others are reading this thread that algaecides such as this should be used with great caution (and I couldn't bring up ingredients on this product, so I can't speak to the specific ingredients). I would highly recommend that anyone using an algaecide remove fish from the tank during treatment, as there are far too many reports of these products effecting fish and potentially killing them even though they claim not to.

I agree with this post. Adding a chemical that kills the algae is not exactly getting the problem sorted or solved but I am happy for you that it is clear now. Generally the problem that occurs with a product like this is an oxygen depletion in the tank so just be sure the fish have plenty of air. Nice looking tank and fish you have there. It looks like you have 3 fish in a 20 gallon tank with a somewhat small filter intake. If that is true I imagine it is contributing to your green water problem.

Edited by DieselPlower

It's good that you got some clear water. But I agree with Jess and Jason. Please keep an eye on your fish and water parameters. Algaecides are made to kill, and often it isn't just plants that are effected.

Edited by ChelseaM

Please keep in mind we are not trying to give you a hard time. It is just that over time, we have seen many posts about people who use a product like this and then their next post is "my fish are dead". So we just want to avoid that :)

Nice looking tank and fish you have there. It looks like you have 3 fish in a 20 gallon tank with a somewhat small filter intake. If that is true I imagine it is contributing to your green water problem.

I believe this is a 125 litre tank

Yeah, 125l. Using the good measuring units :) lol.

And my filter is a APS 1400ef. More than enough.

The treatment I'm using, I don't k ow about how it works as a chemical, but the instructions and from what I've read online, it doesn't KILL algae, it actually reacts to it and forces it to bind together, making it manageable to be caught through the filter. I'm due a water change tomorrow so if I have time I will do the filter as well and report on that if you guys want :)

As always, thanks for the advice. It's still nicer than what other replies get elsewhere lol.

Yeah, 125l. Using the good measuring units :) lol.

And my filter is a APS 1400ef. More than enough.

The treatment I'm using, I don't k ow about how it works as a chemical, but the instructions and from what I've read online, it doesn't KILL algae, it actually reacts to it and forces it to bind together, making it manageable to be caught through the filter. I'm due a water change tomorrow so if I have time I will do the filter as well and report on that if you guys want :)

As always, thanks for the advice. It's still nicer than what other replies get elsewhere lol.

Please do keep us updated! :)

would you be able to post clear pictures of the product front and back so that we can learn of it and from your experience, since we cannot find info online? i too am concerned for it's long term use since i am one who personally experienced a big decline in my stocks health. that said, this was very many years ago and perhaps, since, the problems have been resolved?

beautiful fish :wub:

also, i share with you the visible signs i noticed whilst i was using similar product.. just so that you can keep an eye out.

i found that the slimecoat on my fish was loosening off. so look for funky looking slime coat on your fish or slimy strands in the tank water. after a few ours of slime coat detaching from the fish, it begins to look opaque. look for hazy film over the eyes of your fish. and then any behaviour such as lethargy, spitting food out, pale or darkened gills etc.

i noticed some aggression with tank mates, but that may have been a coincidence however it did stop once the fish's health was restored.