Small growth/bump on belly of Cheeto w/ pics

MK_12

Test Results for the Following:

TANK:

• * Ammonia Level: 0
  • * Nitrite Level: 0
  • * Nitrate level: 40
  • *Ph Level: 7.6 (I don't have KH, GH or chloramines results)

NOTE: Last night the Nitrate level was between 40 and 80. Also, the PH level was between 7.6 and 7.8. The readings stated above are from after the 25% water change I did earlier today.

TAP:

• * Ammonia Level: 0
  • * Nitrite Level: 0
  • * Nitrate level: 5.0
  • * Ph Level: 7.2
  • Other Required Info:
    • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops
    • * Water temperature? 78 F
    • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 55 GAL running for almost 2 yrs
    • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Fluval 110 & Penguine biowheel 350 (removed the carbon for this filter)
    • * How often do you change the water and how much? 50% every 5 or 7 days
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 50% 5 days ago and 25% today
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 3 fancies: 3 inch, 2.5 inch, 2 inch (body only)
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? API Stress Coat
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? Feed them 2x/day: Hikari Lionhead pellets, frozen BW, occasionally peas
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? Nope
  • * Any medications added to the tank? Nope
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. None
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?: Cheeto (the 2.5 inch GF )has a small growth on abdomen. Has a white tip (looks like a pimple and red around the growth). I just noticed it last night. Seems to be growing from underneath his scale. The left side of his body seems to be a little bloated but I'm not sure if you can tell in the pics
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? He is bottom sitting on occasion but swims normal when he sees me coming close to the tank. He is eating well. My other goldies are fine.

Hi all, well, unfortunately one of my dear goldies is sick :no: I don't know what's wrong. I feel very bad and sad. I just hope it's nothing that can't be helped. I really appreciate all your help. PS: I have a 20 GAL tank if he needs to be QT'd. I just don't have any kind of medication nor salt on hand. But if need be, I will get what I need. Thanks again.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx164/MK-12/IMG_0122_zpsd6de0b72.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx164/MK-12/IMG_0101_zpsc0dba190.jpg

That is a bacterial cyst. You can QT if you'd like. I typically do. It's kind of like a pimple and the white stuff will start to trail off the fish and into the water. I like to have the fish isolated when that happens. I've had fish with this before that didn't need any treatment and some that I salted the tank. You might want to get some canning and pickling salt just in case. Also be aware these tend to come in groups, with the same fish getting a few of them at a time.

Keep us posted. :D

That is a bacterial cyst. You can QT if you'd like. I typically do. It's kind of like a pimple and the white stuff will start to trail off the fish and into the water. I like to have the fish isolated when that happens. I've had fish with this before that didn't need any treatment and some that I salted the tank. You might want to get some canning and pickling salt just in case. Also be aware these tend to come in groups, with the same fish getting a few of them at a time.

Keep us posted. :D

Thank you for your fast response and the info! Tend to come in groups :no: oh dear.... poor little guy lol ok I'll keep an eye out on him and ill get the salt just to have on hand. I'll keep you updated. One more thing, about how long does it take for it to go away?

UPDATE:

He is looking much better. I decided to not QT him and just keep an eye on him. The cyst seems to be much smaller and it's not as red. His appetite is normal and he is swimming around.

The only thing I did notice that was odd was when he wasn't swimming around and staying still at the bottom of the tank his bottom would go up. So, his head would be pointing directly down. I only caught him doing this a couple of times. Should I be worried??

• 2 weeks later...