Sand bubbles?

I'm hoping this is in the right section, since it's a general question about sand, so here goes.

I spent the day cleaning out my 10G betta tank, as I hadn't given the walls a good scrub in awhile and the algae was taking over. In the process, I found a 5lb bag of PetCos aquarium sand that I forgot I had, and decided to change the tank from a bare bottom to sanded.

I got the sand washed and into the tank with no problems,other than needing another 5lb bag of it for it to cover.

Except I've noticed that there are quite a few air bubbles sitting at the bottom,with sand stuck on them. They look like they're solid balls, but if you stir them up some of them float up to the top. Is this normal for sand to do this? Do they go away on their own, and/or is there something I can do to prevent this from happening?

I am not terribly experienced but I know during my switch from gravel to pool filter sand a week ago, this happened. I've been told to run chopsticks through the sand with every WC to prevent the sand impacting and air bubbles remaining trapped for long lengths and causing issues when released. So far it's worked for me! I even bent upside down to look at the see through bottom and check :) I think my Swords heavy root systems help too. Best of luck and I'd love to see a pic of the finished tank :)

I'm assuming that it's just from putting the sand, probably just some little bubbles stuck to it after the water change. You could try just running your fingers through it a bit to get the bubbles to release if you want. I don't think it's anything to worry about though ;)

but you should probably post some pics anyway so we can see your redecorating project! :D

Thanks guys, I feel better about adding in the second bag now. c:

And of course I'll post pictures when I'm done! I remember how you folks are when it comes to pictures. xD