Safe adhesives for aquarium objects?

Guest Ruime

Guest Ruime

I am wondering whether or not Goop all purpose adhesive will be safe for aquarium decor/filter repairs? I can't find any information with a definite yes or no answer about it being aquarium safe. I've tried to look up the potiential toxins in the glue and still nothing about how it affects aquariums... Has anyone ever used this particular adhesive in their tank?

I have used hot glue and you can use silicone and super glue . Always check because some of these still can be toxic. And if it's food safe I think it's also aquarium safe so you would probably get more results looking up food safe instead of aquarium

super glue that contains cyanoacrylate is safe for sure.

I cannot find information on whether or not the active ingredients in goop are aquarium safe, but I honestly wouldn't risk it. If you search one of the main ingredients/chemicals toluene a lot of health/safety warnings come up. If you can stick with either super glue or silicone that is aquarium safe that's what I would recommend ;)

Guest Ruime

I don't plan on using it at this point. I'm still curious about exactly what it is that makes this, or other adhesives, unsafe for aquariums though.