Sign in to follow this  
Remdant

Castor's Tank Overhaul!

I just went from barebottom with marbles to sand and gravel! Boy has it been an EXHAUSTING day!!!!! She seems to really be enjoying it other than occasional bottom sitting but she just got put in the tank. She's bottom sitting now but I'm gonna give her some time to adjust. The plants are just there for the sake of seeing if I can grow them with the floor lamp providing the light. (:

Very nice! :)

Beautiful Goldfish!

The tank gravel looks like a rear river bottom, I love it!

The sand and 3 different sized gravels were only $14 all together! I have A TON leftover but it was way cheaper and much nicer looking than anything I would get at the pet store. As soon as I get a hood I'm going to get some fist-sized and slightly larger/smaller rocks as well and will plant it better. My goal is river-esque! I had to wing it living in Louisiana and google not having pictures of riverbeds! I'm growing her out in here and will be growing her out with 3 dojo loaches and some ghost shrimp. (:

Castor is super adorable! :wub: The tank is looking great! :thumb:

The sand and 3 different sized gravels were only $14 all together! I have A TON leftover but it was way cheaper and much nicer looking than anything I would get at the pet store. As soon as I get a hood I'm going to get some fist-sized and slightly larger/smaller rocks as well and will plant it better. My goal is river-esque! I had to wing it living in Louisiana and google not having pictures of riverbeds! I'm growing her out in here and will be growing her out with 3 dojo loaches and some ghost shrimp. (:

Where are you from? I was born in New Orleans, but lived in Kenner in my later years. My folks moved to Hammond right after Katrina, and I moved to Jersey.

Who dat! ;)

I'm from Florida, lol. My husband is from Abbeville. We live in Delcambre but want to move to New Iberia, Broussard or Youngsville. I'm hesitant to move back to New Iberia. It's scary there. :help:

I hear you! Lol! I love it there, and definitely think that we'll be headed back down to LA soon. :) There's no place like home.

very nice, it looks like a little desert and the plants are cacti! :D

:thumbup2:

I fell in love with a calico ryukin today... He is now in Castor's tank as well. I'm so used to doing 90% every 3 days from her cycle crash, I'll continue it now that he is here until they are large enough to move to the 75. That won't be long, Castor has tripled in size in the less than a month I've had her. He is a bit larger than her and named Fred by my husband, lol. I also picked up 3 - 1" albino bristlenose to grow a pair out in. I have other tanks to move them to should the create an issue with the goldies.

That is a gorgeous setup! Please keep updating us! :)