Jenzaar's Official Upgrade Thread! with pics ;D

jenzaar

Soooooo a month or so ago, we finally made the move to upgrade from our 55 gallon tank. We had added Betty, and soon after purchased Plumbean, :teehee and then began raising two fry. I sort of wanted a second tank, not sure why, but my husband wanted only one tank. a very BIG tank. :o

We wound up buying a used 125 gallon tank off of eBay. :D

It has been a process! First, hauling the thing inside was a job in itself. :rofl Then, he began building a stand.... and soon abandoned it. Finally decided to buy a metal stand for the tank, since 1) wooden tanks are super expensive and 2) many of them are not up to my, er, aesthetic standards. :painting:

We are still working on it. We're a bit underfiltered, but will get there soon. Currently we're running two AC70s and a Fluval 406. But, we'll add another 406, as well as an AC110 (removing one or both of the 70s). Maybe then we'll finally get the wires to stop running amock. :rofl Anyway, enough :blahblah

20140630_202318.jpg

20140630_202304.jpg

20140629_110344.jpg

Ta da!

Not the best pictures, but they're better and more than what I've posted. :rofl Soon, we will be making a very big change :whistle and I should have some better pictures by then!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thank you! :D

It took some getting used to, but I am very happy with it. :)

It looks amazing, and they have so much space! :D

Thank you!!

They do! :rofl I remember when I first got Blimp as an itty bitty thing, he had the 55 all to himself. It feels like that all over again :teehee

lovely!! I love big tanks!!...the bigger the better!!:-)

Thanks Steve! Really enjoying it, and not sure what all my hesitation was about! :P

Beautiful!!!!

Thankyou!!!

Love it Jenna!!! :heart You are soooo lucky!! haha!

Aww thanks mikey! I am lucky, never thought I would have a tank like this! But even more so for having a husband who supports it :)

Ooooooooo the space!!!!

:rofl yessss!!

It is soooo tempting to pick up every fish who woos me, but I know better. :teehee

Looks awesome, Jenna!

Trying to guess what the "big change" is. :hmm I'm thinking that you'll switch to a sandy bottom, but who knows. :whistle

:whistle :whistle

:teehee

Thankyou dear! :D

Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy!!

Thanks so much, bronwyn!

Just stunning, Jenn.

Aww thankyou!!

Georgia, no! :rofl you don't need one!

Wowzers!!! :thud:thumbs:

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous :peeka

But I'm also extremely happy that you have your big tank and a husband that supports what makes you happy :heart the tank looks fab! Are 406's canisters? Do you like them? Please tell!

PS. I think you forget to water the plant (that's crispy) on the left side of you tank :rofl

Looks amazing! I'm sooooooo jealous!

I'll see if my neighbor still has that 200 gallon tank :whistle

:teehee thankyou tammy!

Wowzers!!! :thud:thumbs:

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous :peeka

But I'm also extremely happy that you have your big tank and a husband that supports what makes you happy :heart the tank looks fab! Are 406's canisters? Do you like them? Please tell!

PS. I think you forget to water the plant (that's crispy) on the left side of you tank :rofl

Aahhhjhh :rofl2 my poor Mother's Day plant!!! Even she should have known better than to give me a live terrestrial plant. :rofl

That's really sweet, thankyou aubrey. :hug it's nice having that. I try my best in supporting his hobbies (no matter how annoying those cars may be! :rofl) and I am grateful that he does the same for mine. :)

Yes the Fluval 406 is a canister, the box you see next to my crispy flowers. :teehee I still have yet to perform a cleaning on it, but as far as setup went I really like it! It filters 383gph and I think that's great power for its nice profile and size. :) and everyone is right when they say they are suuuper quiet! :D

:teehee let me know how the maintenance goes, please :)

You got it! :D

I might try to do it this week, it's been a few so maybe the sponges can use a squeeze. :idont but I figure it's better to disassemble the first time when it may not be a total mess. :rofl

:teehee let me know how the maintenance goes, please :)

You got it! :D

I might try to do it this week, it's been a few so maybe the sponges can use a squeeze. :idont but I figure it's better to disassemble the first time when it may not be a total mess. :rofl

Good thinking :thumb:

Well it's about stinkin time!! :rofl3

Oh and I can't wait to see the big change. For some reason I thought you had already done that in your 55. :rofl3

#BadMemory If I was a fish, I'd be Dory from Nemo. :rofl

Well it's about stinkin time!! :rofl3

Oh and I can't wait to see the big change. For some reason I thought you had already done that in your 55. :rofl3

#BadMemory If I was a fish, I'd be Dory from Nemo. :rofl

Hahaha :rofl

Nope! :lol2

And I know!!! I even tried making a video update, to make up for how long it took to do anything! I had so many malfunctions, and when I thought I finally had it right and jabbered on for five minutes about all sorts of things, I realized I had never hit the Record button! :doh11::rofl