Meet Dilly's girlfriend!

Black

As some of you may know, I have adopted another bunny in need of a forever home :)

I thought it only fair that Dilly had a companion of his own kind that he could snuggle with and talk to. I have named her Edie and she is the sweetest little thing :wub:

I have not tried to make friends with her too much as I want their bunny relationship to be established first. They have been with each other now for approx 36 hours with round the clock supervision, but so far there has been no fighting or aggression, just occasional 'discussions' about who is top bunny! Edie has been the more submissive one but I have a feeling this might change as her confidence grows.

This mornings mess! :rofl

2b426ee40ece40a5635906b7d46d548c_zps36c6

Sharing breakfast :)

c7e0b115496ebff5b0f3f7661379196e_zps6a9a

Hellooo!

2fcffa56a2d165bea0e7da3d8cc8eb36_zps8c46

I will try and get better pics of her soon :heart

One thing that has confused me is that I have read that the existing bunny/bunnies teach the new one where to poop, eat etc.... but Edie has found a different place to wee. I was expecting poop scatterings but I thought she would follow Dylan's lead and go in the tray. I have now put another litter box there. I hope that works

Is there any more advice you bunny experts out there can give me?

Dylan misses his usual routine and space. He used to lay at our feet if we watched tv in the evenings and follow us to bed at night. Do you think getting him a companion but restricting his space to the kitchen is gong to still make him happy?

Give it time! I'm sure that once he gets used to having his new friend around, he'll be back to your feet. ;)

My rabbits never litter trained, so I don't have any useful advice to tell you there. Mine just go back to their cage if they have to pee, and leave me little pellets on the floor, to vacuum up, when they go back home. :madrant: :lol2

I think putting a litter box there is a good thing. If she resists using it, take some of her soiled bedding, and put it in the box. If she smells herself, she may be more inclined to use it.

She's beautiful, and they look like they're getting along very nicely!

I love the bunny gymnasium :rofl

And the buns sharing a meal :heart

Seems like they are off to an excellent start! :thumbs:

Do you remember how long dilly took to get used to you and then normalize after his neuter? Give it time :hug

:Congrats:

Thank you :)

I'm just worried that he's too used to the freedom of the whole house, but he's confined now to the kitchen because if Edie. If Edie turns out to have bad chewing/digging habits, he may have to always stay in the kitchen.

I suppose I just want him to be happier with a friend instead of him being more unhappy because he can't come to bed with us etc...

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens!

Thanks Aubz :)

I just went into the kitchen to get a drink and I interrupted some serious snuggling! :heart

I'm so pleased and relieved :) I had a feeling she was right for the D Bomb! :nana

Awww!!! I am so happy! What a great first step for them, and so soon! :heart

We let her in the garden for the first time today... she would definitely beat Dills in a binky competition! :rofl

:rofl It's either Brit or bunny speak... or both! :P

It's when they jump high in the air and twist their body. It's when they're happy :)

Omg how cuuuute!!! :heart :heart I'll trade you one day of Winslow for one day of your bunnies!! :please

The video was just something I found on YouTube to demonstrate a binky :)

I would LOVE Winslow for the day!! :nana

Although, could we make it a month and you have a deal! :rofl I love his squishy smooshy face! :wub:

:rofl I know that wasnt edie :teehee but imagining her do that, ee! :heart

Hummm I'll have to think on that... a whole month? :peeka

:rofl It's either Brit or bunny speak... or both! :P

It's when they jump high in the air and twist their body. It's when they're happy :)

OMG! So cute!

I still think it's Brit speak and I love it :hug

They are both so cute!!! I believe you are supposed to put the poop into the litter box if they don't go in it to show them the sent if inemeber what my co worker told me correctly. :hmm

• 2 weeks later...