Koko's Kritter of the Week Entries

Daniel

Welcome to another Koko's Kritter(s) of the Week. :D
Everyone is welcome to enter; however, only one entry per person please. The first 10 entries go into the poll so get in early! :thumbs:
All non-aquatic animals are welcome, but they should be your pet(s) either past or present. The photo should also have been taken by you. Please include a direct link with your entry. Thank you!

This is the male Madagascar Hissing Roach.

I have them in my classroom because I think they teach many things:

1. Just because it is not cute and cuddly, you still need to be respectful of all living creatures.

2. Just because your knee jerk reaction is to run away, you can learn to overcome unfounded fears - be brave!

3. By mid year all my students will pet them, and most will hold them, showing them that they can do something most adults will not :)

I teach 3 year olds to five year olds and I want to instill in them curiosity and a love of learning and I believe this comes through open mindedness. Insects play such a huge role in our world wide environment, we need to be respectful of them and can learn so much from their industrious and sustainable ways of living.

Now I'll get off my soap box ! :)

P.S. Madagascar roaches, unlike German roaches, can not live in Wisconsin outside of captivity and therefore can infest your home.

This is the male Madagascar Hissing Roach.

I have them in my classroom because I think they teach many things:

1. Just because it is not cute and cuddly, you still need to be respectful of all living creatures.

2. Just because your knee jerk reaction is to run away, you can learn to overcome unfounded fears - be brave!

3. By mid year all my students will pet them, and most will hold them, showing them that they can do something most adults will not :)

I teach 3 year olds to five year olds and I want to instill in them curiosity and a love of learning and I believe this comes through open mindedness. Insects play such a huge role in our world wide environment, we need to be respectful of them and can learn so much from their industrious and sustainable ways of living.

Now I'll get off my soap box ! :)

P.S. Madagascar roaches, unlike German roaches, can not live in Wisconsin outside of captivity and therefore can infest your home.

That is a great thing you are teaching! :D

I was afraid he might be getting ready to bite you!

It is so cool you are teaching them they can do something a WHOLE lot of adults would be afraid of doing. Really empowers them. :D

That should be can NOT infest your home!

:rofl oh my gosh!!! :rofl3

I read all that to my daughter and we both did a little :scared and :peeka

I will correct her in the morning :teehee

Edited by jenzaar

• Supporter
OH MY !!! What attitude!!!!!! :rofl

Did you get more than two?

I ordered 9 and got 16 counting the extras lol. I have a thread up but I think I put it in the subscribers only area.... ill see if I can get one of our awesome mods to move it for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk