Cycle progress

Some of you may know that I have been cycling my tank for awhile now. I tested my water parameters today and here were my results: ammonia 1.0-0.50 nitrite maybe about 4.0 it was more of a pinkish purple nitrate looked like 5.0. I was wondering what I should keep my ammonia at. It's at 1.0 right now should I keep it there or add some more. Thanks so much u2e5amyz.jpg

I usually wait for ammonia to fall to around .25 ppm before I add more. If you've been cycling for awhile then your tank should be able to cycle that amount of ammonia in 24 hours.

Nitrites are pretty high. I've seen high nitrites stall the cycling process, maybe it's a myth. A water change might help. Sorry, I don't know how long you've been cycling.

I'm assuming this is a fishless cycle. If there is a fish in there, ignore what I say. :D

I would leave it alone for now. Once your ammonia drops to 0.25ish, I would do a large (as close to 100% as you can) WC, add ammonia back to 1 ppm and retest ammonia, nitrite and nitrate 24 hours later. Post results. :D