Pond is in summer mode :)

My pond plants (hyacinth and lettuce) are growing well and I just added some small impatient plants to my filter so we'll see how they do this summer.

The string algae is under control due to the ravenous 9 fishies constantly munching on it. They only take a break to eat some pellets. I haven't been feeding them many pellets (honestly...they don't look chunky) but my nitrates are showing so I've added the plants to the filter and I've ordered a 700 gallon pond (the High Country Plastics one that Sharon showed me on another of my threads). I found a feed store that had it for $269 and thought that was a great price for 700 gallons and new. It should be here in a couple of weeks and I'll take more pics then.

Here are a few videos of my fish, they are all doing well:

Great vids! Your goldfish are amazing :heart

So, do you have a favorite fish?

Thank you everyone for the nice compliments on my pond and fish. I really enjoy them a lot :).

Angie - It is a 300 gallon Rubbermaid tank :). I'm upgrading to a 700 gallon...and that should be good for a while I hope :).

Flipper - I love them all the same...just like my boys :). I do feel closer to the first three fish I had since they were inside with me for awhile and have been through rougher times with me before I knew much about goldfish. I've also had them the longest. That would be Elmo (the orange common), Sparky (the largest shubunkin from Petsmart) and Smokey (black/brown comet from a local LFS in Seattle). I couldn't get rid of any of them though...I get attached quickly and easily to goldfish...it's something about that wiggling :).

Thank you Molly and Motherredcap :).

Smokey kind of reminds me of a shark. You don't see her at all and then all of a sudden she's just there. She is one of the first to get over for feeding time but it takes me a while to see her because she blends in so well :).

I found these 3 plant pots on Craigslist and had to have them :). I'm going to put them inside the gate with my pond...just have to decide what to plant in them. Needs to grow in shade. The 3 pots were only $20 total and I love them!

Here they are :

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/IMG_9702_zps5a2f3d5b.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i322/Kayla102968/IMG_9699_zps90edce32.jpg

Oh-oh. I saw your boys in the new pond. Looks like you will have to get another for the fish. That's too much fun!

I know...isn't that funny. I let them have one try in it...probably a mistake :).

Beautiful!!... stunning fish!

Thank you very much :)

Wow that's fantastic, look at them go! Such a pretty looking spot, happy summer!

Thank you. Happy summer to you too :).