Weight of Mango and Beefcake

Finally weighed my 2 bigger fish. Beefcake, the white one, weighs 215 g. Mango the orange one, weighs 277. What a difference that big head makes! So how much is normal to feed them?

IMAG0615.jpg

Depending what you feed, and whether you want to continue to push them to grow. A good amount to start is with about 1.25 grams per fish per day, and then see if the growth rate (or non-growth) is satisfactory.

Wow!!!

Curious, how long have you had both fish, and how big were they when you got them? :)

I have had them for between a year and a half and two years. I got them out of the adoption tank at PetCo. They were large when I got them and have grown a bit since, especially Mango. And he has nearly killed himself twice!GGot stuck in one of my ornaments and rubbed off tons of scales, a lot of wen and tail. I have since modified the ornamnent so it won't happen again.

Edited by DieselPlower

Depending what you feed, and whether you want to continue to push them to grow. A good amount to start is with about 1.25 grams per fish per day, and then see if the growth rate (or non-growth) is satisfactory.

Oh by the way I feed them mostly Hikari Lionhead sinking pellets, mini size. I also mix in a little junk food for them.... Tetra pond sticks.

Thanks Chelsea. I'm not sure how big they actually are since I don't know the weight of anyone else's big fish.

Yes Beefcake is the dad of my babies. They are growing fast too!

Finally weighed my 2 bigger fish. Beefcake, the white one, weighs 215 g. Mango the orange one, weighs 277. What a difference that big head makes! So how much is normal to feed them?

IMAG0615.jpg

Like a lot of things about this hobby, feeding is an area where there is more than one way to go. The simple answer is that if you have big goldfish and you want them to get bigger, you have to feed them a lot. And if you're going to feed them a lot, my reccommendation is to spread it out into several meals a day. Also, make sure they are eating everything you feed them each time. I don't weigh food out so I can't give you numbers on how much I feed my big fish each day but it's probably in the range of 1 to 2 percent of their body weight.

Thanks. I always feed them before I leave for work in the morning, and when I get home again, which is often 11 to 16 hours later, depending on the day. I give a third feeding if I'm not asleep!

Thanks. I always feed them before I leave for work in the morning, and when I get home again, which is often 11 to 16 hours later, depending on the day. I give a third feeding if I'm not asleep!

That's pretty much what I do also. I work 4 days a week so on those days I feed the fish 2 -3 times. On my days off I feed them at least 3 times, often more. Your big fish are looking good BTW.