Sign in to follow this  
hotnickles96

75 gallon Butterfly.

I'm currently working on getting good circulation with my spray bars so please excuse the bare spot haha. Tank still needs some more fixing up but, it will always be a work in progress :)

Just a quick video. Can't find my cameras SD card so only an iphone video sorry.

Edited by hotnickles96

He is perfect. :heart

gorgeous! :)

:rofl That's funny cuz every week my fish clear a spot in the sand in that very same spot where your spray bar is hitting. :rofl

Gorgeous tank and fish!! :nana

What a beauty! :heart

Thank you all :).. I am also waiting on two butterfly friends that should arrive friday. Going to be doing the QT in the 55. Looking forward to getting him some one to play with :)

:thud What is his name? How big is he?

Oh my but he is STUNNING!!!!!! :thud

Jen is right. He is perfect. :heart

Edited by Fluffy

Thank you!

His Name is Isaac.

Total length is almost 7 inches. Nose to tip of tail.

Thank you!

His Name is Isaac.

Total length is almost 7 inches. Nose to tip of tail.

I may be shooting myself in the foot here (and the rest involved too) but come on over to the GF photo of the week contest. Calling all Tele's!

:lol:

Edited by Fluffy

Whoa, what a beautiful happy looking fish!!

What a beauty! I hope my tele grows to be as big and handsome as this guy :wub:

Gorgeous!!!!

Thanks again every one :). I just bought a new SD card since I couldn't find my old one. ( amazing how cheap they are now)... I'll try to upload a slightly better quality video tonight :)

A slightly better video.

Really need to learn to take better videos and pics!

make sure its on 720p for best quality

Edited by hotnickles96

Very nice! I love that nice, natural, sand!

Thank you! I debated awhile about the sand. I originally loved the whole black theme and wanted to go with black sand. I do love how it gives the tank a more natural feel. Its also really nice because Isaac is much more active and entertained with foraging around the bottom and sifting through the sand which is really fun to watch :)

The only draw back I have yet to see is that my water clarity isn't where I would like it to be. Seems like no matter how much I rinsed the sand and how many WC's I do it still gets slightly cloudy in contrast to my bare bottom 55 gallon QT tank. I did purchase some 100 micron filter pads that I will be putting them in my canisters this weekend. Could possibly help with some of the floating sand or debris that causes the slight cloudiness?

Edited by hotnickles96

Love his little mouth! He's such a cutie, omg :wub:

Thank you! I debated awhile about the sand. I originally loved the whole black theme and wanted to go with black sand. I do love how it gives the tank a more natural feel. Its also really nice because Isaac is much more active and entertained with foraging around the bottom and sifting through the sand which is really fun to watch :)

The only draw back I have yet to see is that my water clarity isn't where I would like it to be. Seems like no matter how much I rinsed the sand and how many WC's I do it still gets slightly cloudy in contrast to my bare bottom 55 gallon QT tank. I did purchase some 100 micron filter pads that I will be putting them in my canisters this weekend. Could possibly help with some of the floating sand or debris that causes the slight cloudiness?

Sometimes sand can have some lingering cloudiness, but I think that a combinations of your filter padding, and water changes, will help you clear things right up.

What kind of sand do you have in there, as that can also make a difference. Some sands which are not "technically" designed for use in aquariums, like paver sand, play sand, and pool filter sand, are dirtier than our "pre-washed" aquarium sands. I use the term "pre-washed", quite loosely, as I've never met a sand that didn't need rinsing. :rofl3