Mango tree?

Evening

Just as an amusing little side project, I husked a seedpod from a mango (They're HUGE!) and sprouted the seed into a little baby mango tree! It's nearly time to pot it, but I was wondering about putting it into my HOB filter along with the pothos, think it would do any good?

I haven't a clue, but it certainly would be awesome!

Pics of the sprout, please! :D

I don't think so. Light would be an issue and I doubt it would tolerate its roots in water. It would make a nice potted tree though.

That's true, I wasn't thinking of keeping it in for very long anyway, but it would be best to keep it in the light, and my tank is in shade... well, the pond filter is outside, but it's shaded as well. I'll pot it instead.

I haven't a clue, but it certainly would be awesome!

Pics of the sprout, please! :D

Haha, I'll do a suite of pics some time later, since I moved a bunch of fish around to new places.

We have a mango tree, they're great; ours is about 30 years old now. They need a lot of direct sunlight. Even though ours gets a lot in summer, it's never enough to produce edible fruit.

We have a mango tree, they're great; ours is about 30 years old now. They need a lot of direct sunlight. Even though ours gets a lot in summer, it's never enough to produce edible fruit.

Really? That's a bummer. Well, worst case scenario it'll be a great little houseplant for a few years. I'd love for it to fruit though; it's an Ataulfo, so it'll grow true from seed, and that fruit was delicious!

Really? That's a bummer. Well, worst case scenario it'll be a great little houseplant for a few years. I'd love for it to fruit though; it's an Ataulfo, so it'll grow true from seed, and that fruit was delicious!

Climate plays a big part too. Unfortunately it's not humid enough where we are to allow it to thrive.