Sign in to follow this  
Cyprinidae

10g Planted Tank Photos!

Hey guys! I was just taking pics of my ten gal and I thought I'd share :) The plant growth is coming along nicely. The tank houses my flagfish and dwarf frogs, and they love it in there! All of the inhabitants are all getting fat off of algae.

I have two 12 year old amazon swords (They were part of my very first tank ^^), duckweed, and various other green things.

24ql1f4.jpg

23hangx.jpg

991n2o.jpg

Very nice

This is so beautiful! :o:heart

:o I love it!

:bingo:

Looks great! I could never get my duckweed to grow(super envious)

Oh my gosh :o !!! What a great habitat you have created. What kind of light fixture do you use? What is your substrate?

Beautiful swords! Wow, 12 years old. Wonderful tank!

Lovely! I always find duckweed with its dangling roots to be quite appealing. :D The only thing I hate is the stuff gets stuck to your arm. :rofl

That is so lovely! Congrats on your beautiful set-up. I love duckweed, too- the roots dangling down are just so interesting. It's definitely SUPER pretty. :D

Oh my gosh :o !!! What a great habitat you have created. What kind of light fixture do you use? What is your substrate?

Thanks!! The light is an 18" florescent strip (Aqueon) and the substrate is plain black sand. I haven't added any plant food, but the fish and frog poop probably help it along ;)

Beautiful swords! Wow, 12 years old. Wonderful tank!

haha thanks! they are getting pretty old lol

First plants I ever bought ^^

Lovely! I always find duckweed with its dangling roots to be quite appealing. :D The only thing I hate is the stuff gets stuck to your arm. :rofl

oh my gosh, yeah. I'm always finding little green leaves on all my shirts haha

The duckweed looks so interesting!. Can duckweed be taken from nature/local pond or is that too risky?

The duckweed looks so interesting!. Can duckweed be taken from nature/local pond or is that too risky?

I would not because the plants are exposed to pesticides.

It looks fantastic! And it's even better in person :)

lol thanks! You would know ;)

I don't see the harm provided it's not somewhere polluted. A lot of the native aquarium plants in circulation here were/are cultivated from nature by people with conservation licences.

Be prepared for any potential risks though.

gorgeous! it's an amazon jungle! :D

I don't see the harm provided it's not somewhere polluted. A lot of the native aquarium plants in circulation here were/are cultivated from nature by people with conservation licences.

Be prepared for any potential risks though.

I got a bit from a pond I believe to be quite free of run off/pollutants. I freaked when I realized it had tiny snails, but in the few minutes when I was deciding what to do, my goldfish eat up all the duckweed. So far so good, they really seemed to enjoy it!!

I got a bit from a pond I believe to be quite free of run off/pollutants. I freaked when I realized it had tiny snails, but in the few minutes when I was deciding what to do, my goldfish eat up all the duckweed. So far so good, they really seemed to enjoy it!!

The best thing would be to take a small portion and cultivate it yourself—just make sure nothing you take is protected. A bucket and some partial sun for a few hours a day should suffice.

It is so pretty and green!!! I love it!