Some tank gardening

marka83

I am slowly trimming back overgrown plants in my tank in preparation for a new tank mate currently in qt. I basically cut a hole in the background because my swords were getting sucked to the inlet or pushed over midground plants by the filter outflow. I plan on allowing the swords to grow back just below the inlet, plant something new there, or fine a big rock or something to put there.

20140610_124559_zpsdeqprhah.jpg

20140610_124442_zpseqgofogs.jpg

Nice work, Mark. Do you know the name of the flat plant on the left?

If I remember correctly it's this one.

http://www.aquariumplants.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=po35

Cryptocoryne, Wendtii, Bronze (Cryptocoryne wendtii v. Tropica)

In high light the leaves have grown narrow.

I really like it! I've eyed that plant at the LFS more than once. If they had shown it in your tank, I probably would have bought it by now!

Wow, Mark. That is absolutely gorgeous! :) Love the pop of red with the crypts! The one on the far left, towards the front, is that one an undulata?

Also, are you using any special substrate or are you just supplying root tabs?

Keep up the great work!

I currently have Amazon Swords, crpyt wendtii bronze, crpyt Lutea, anubias coffeeolia, and Java Moss floating on the surface. Pressurized CO2, two 36 inch t5ho 39 watts each 6700k I think. Aquaclear 110. I got rid of the red myrio, Java Moss I had on some driftwood, and a slow growing crypt that never rooted well.

Thank everybody!

Wow, Mark. That is absolutely gorgeous! :) Love the pop of red with the crypts! The one on the far left, towards the front, is that one an undulata?

Also, are you using any special substrate or are you just supplying root tabs?

Keep up the great work!

Undulata! That's one of them!

Eco Complete with a regular gravel cap and flourish root tabs if I see a plant not doing too well.

Very pretty! :)

I love when crypts bush out like that. Are they single massive plants or several together?

Several plants grouped together. If I was more experienced I would have given each plant more space.