Looking for Tall Silk Aquatic Plant Safe For Goldfish

LisaCGold

Honestly, I just buy the stuff from the hobby/craft store. You can get HUGE plants, for much more reasonable prices. Both silk and/or plastic. Some of the plastic grasses look really nice, in aquariums. YES, they are "tank safe", they use the same plastic/"silk" as the ones made for tanks. Look out for ones that have been painted (this can happen with both silk and plastic), because they may not be OK for your tank, and the paint can come off in the water. Also, when you bend the stem over in an L shape, to bury it in your gravel and keep the plant down, take extra care to not split the plastic over the wire, exposing the metal. I usually just dunk it in a cup of hot water for about 5 min, take it out, and then bend. It makes the plastic more pliable, and less likely to split. GOOD LUCK!

The LFS in my area has the coolest ones. I also have silk plants that look like anubias; I believe I got them from Petsmart. I prefer the lighter-colored plants, BUT they get covered in algae really quickly, and it shows. They have to be scrubbed hard in water to remove the algae. You may want to keep this in mind when deciding between light vs. dark silk plants.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That does look cool. I can't tell if it's plastic or silk, though. If it's silk, go for it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk