Sign in to follow this  
LouiseAnn

How do you enjoy your fish?

I could just sit there and watch them for hours. My boyfriend complains, though, when I go over there and make a beeline for the tanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

my boyfriend complains all the time too. Pft. Its how I unwind. Lol

In the dark with only the tank lights on while listing to Patrick O'hearn or first thing in the quiet of the morning watching her eat while I drink a nice cup of coffee.

Great topic!!! :D

mmmm I do love the night watch. Especially after feeding. They spend ages looking for just one more piece lol

I have my goldfish in the bed room and the light goes off on the tank about 30 to 45 minutes after I get in the bed. They are great for unwinding and getting to sleep. I also sit at the end of the bed and watch them too. They are so calming when Buttons isn't in full male mode. lol

male mode is annoying!! (If your not breeding) I wish I could have one in my bedroom. But I would be put in the kennel lol

Our tank is in the dining room and can be seen from the living room. We get a lot of enjoyment out of it being in a public place in the house.

that sounds perfect :)

Generally with batter fried with a twist of lemon. KIDDING- I'm a vegetarian.

We hang out all day, really. Their tanks are in my "office", so they chill with me when I go in there for my many tea breaks throughout the day, or when I go in there to write. There is nothing better for when I am in a bad mood than making a nice cup of tea, and going in to watch the fish. So nice. :heart

bahahhhahahahahahahahahahahaha o_O best idea... I wonder if my work will let me have a fish tank....

My fish are in the living room, so they gets lots of attention. I work mostly from home, so during breaks I like to sit next to the tank, talk to my fish, watch them search for food, watch them watch me, and laugh when they get to pushing each other around.

its funny when you realize they watch you. I wonder what they are thinking lol.

I also have a tank in my living room/open plan kitchen area so I spend a lot of time with the Tank Gang. When I am in the kitchen, they always assist me; they get very excited every time I get off the sofa. They are all hand/spoon fed so I get to interact with them a lot. My oldest fish, Chloe, learnt to spit over the tank and she usually does it when she wants some attention :D

lol @tank gang. Im addopting that haha! My panda andy just started spitting haha!

My tank is now right next to the couch, so in the mornings I often lay on the couch before I go to work and watch them beg for food for a bit :P

sounds like a perfect morning to me ;)

The fish are the first thing I spend time with when I wake up. :) I really enjoy watching them get into all kinds of crazy situations, interact with the outdoor wildlife, and sometimes I will even play with Tsumo. We like to play a game where I toss food into his mouth, or we play tag.

what wildlife? You've gotten me curious ;) does he catch the food you throw?

We play this game every week where I drain about 80% of the water, wipe down the sides of the tank and all the leaves on the plants while they swim up and bite my hand and arm. Then I fill the tank back up and they expect me to feed them cuz they just let me play in their home. :idont

:tomuch:

hahahaha how funny! And they totally do think wc time is a game where you nibble at hands .

i sit there.... in front of the tank.. and just laugh at their derpiness.. really.. :rofl

This.

We play this game every week where I drain about 80% of the water, wipe down the sides of the tank and all the leaves on the plants while they swim up and bite my hand and arm. Then I fill the tank back up and they expect me to feed them cuz they just let me play in their home. :idont

:tomuch:

And this!

I usually sit and watch them with my morning tea and again before bed. Not to mention when they're being especially silly at other times. the 55g is in the living room so it tends to get a little more interaction than the one in the bedroom (oh the guilt!), but the one in the bedroom gets more 2x weekly WCs due to stocking so maybe it evens out!

I love the silly things they do :)

I sit on a dining room chair and look at my goldies and Koko :read:

I also have a tattoo of Quinn, my blue oranda, on my shoulder :happydance

oh I sit with my fish and look at kokos too :) a tattoo :D oh thats so cool.

Put a chair in front of the aquarium, and look at the fish. Follow each one and watch them forage!

Put a chair in front of the aquarium, and look at the fish. Follow each one and watch them forage!

i try to follow each one. But i get distracted by the one that just swam past funny, then the one pushing its face up against the glass and wiggling trying to come up to me... Oh its so much fun :)

The fish are the first thing I spend time with when I wake up. :) I really enjoy watching them get into all kinds of crazy situations, interact with the outdoor wildlife, and sometimes I will even play with Tsumo. We like to play a game where I toss food into his mouth, or we play tag.

what wildlife? You've gotten me curious ;) does he catch the food you throw?

Sure he does. He will come to the surface and hold himself there until I toss it right in.

We get several types of squirrels, birds, frogs, a rabbit, chipmunks, bugs, etc.

Yesterday an European squirrel waited in the tree closest to the pond until I had left about 15ft from the edge before he came over and drank from the filter outspout like a drinking fountain, while perched on the edge of the pond. The squirrels and chipmunks love watching the fish just as much as I do, I think.

Edited by ChelseaM

Omg take a video please hahah thats so cool!

Oh squirrels ,chipmunks and a rabbit! I forget things can be so diferent outside Australia !

i try to follow each one. But i get distracted by the one that just swam past funny, then the one pushing its face up against the glass and wiggling trying to come up to me... Oh its so much fun :)

I KNOW! They're so.. Adorable!

Generally with batter fried with a twist of lemon. KIDDING- I'm a vegetarian.

We hang out all day, really. Their tanks are in my "office", so they chill with me when I go in there for my many tea breaks throughout the day, or when I go in there to write. There is nothing better for when I am in a bad mood than making a nice cup of tea, and going in to watch the fish. So nice. :heart

bahahhhahahahahahahahahahahaha o_O best idea... I wonder if my work will let me have a fish tank....

I hope they will! My "office" is in my house, though. ;)

fountain10.16.13.jpg

I sit by the pond on a bench and feed them tiny bites of home-made gel food with a toothpick fork. It never seems like a chore.

"Hey look! It's the food-giving creature!!!"

"Yeah, I see her"

"Maybe she'll feed us?!" "Let's swim over..."

"beat you there"

"Hey! It's ....mom" "I see her! Maybe she'll feed us?!!!" "look at me" GULP GULP "No, ME" Gulp Gulp "you want to feed me."

"I'm her favorite" "she feeds ME when I do THIS"

"Hey! She's feeding us!!! YAY!!!! "

"There's some!"

"Over there, no over....here"

"at the bottom. "

"Mine"

"Mine"

"Mine"

"Mom!"

GULP GULP
"have you noticed me gulping yet? Doesn't it make you want to feed me?"

and so on. :Scoff: We never seem to get tired of it. :feedme

Edited by mysterygirl

fountain10.16.13.jpg

I sit by the pond on a bench and feed them tiny bites of home-made gel food with a toothpick fork. It never seems like a chore.

"Yeah, I see her"

"beat you there"

"Hey! It's ....mom" "I see her! Maybe she'll feed us?!!!" "look at me" GULP GULP "No, ME" Gulp Gulp "you want to feed me."

"There's some!"

"Over there, no over....here" "at the bottom. " "Mine" Mine" Mine" Mom!

GULP GULP

"have you noticed me? Gulping? Doesn't it make you want to feed me?"

I think you have defiantly figured out what they think hahajahah

fountain10.16.13.jpg

"Yeah, I see her"

"beat you there"

"There's some!"

"Over there, no over....here"

"at the bottom. "

"Mine"

"Mine"

"Mine"

"Mom!"

GULP GULP

"have you noticed me gulping yet? Doesn't it make you want to feed me?"

Absolutely stunning! What I wouldn't do for a set up like this!

Wow that pond picture is soothing to the eyes, its so beautiful. And you write it so well as if I were reading a fairy tale.

Well..I love to see my goldies swim here and there. The first thing in the morning I do is feed them, and then I start my day

I like your paintings!

Generally I will sit out by my pond for a few minutes every morning and then again in the evening when I return from work. If I really want to enjoy them I will put on my swim shirts and get in. The fish swim all around my legs.

That sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I had a pond, but I live in a condo with only a small concrete patio. One day ...

This is what horse troughs are for! :thumb:

I love to just sit there near the tank and watch them eat after I feed them or just watch them swim. I also take lots of pictures of my fish because that is fun for me

IMG_1128.jpg

I usually sit at my desk (doing summer homework of all things). Whenever I need a break from researching boron or annotating, I just look to my right and see them there, waiting to be fed! :)

Edited by Justin

Fishy Haunted House

This is a video response to the thread "how do you enjoy your fish?".

I was playing a game of trust with them today, setting up a "fishy haunted house" where they had to do something scary in exchange for a treat. :scared

I later found them playing around in it long after the food was gone.

This is a four minute video of my fish swiming in a pond playing a game with me, so it's best if you have high speed link.

Edited by mysterygirl

I love the video! It was fun to watch your fishies curiosity about the "haunted house." They look like they were having fun.

Edited by LisaCGold

I enjoy my fish with Limon pepper and garlic.....

oh wait you mean gold fish lol my mistake. :rofl