Sign in to follow this  
orangeboar

Meet Billy and Sunny

Hello again! This is my first post in quite a while. Life has gotten in the way. A whole bunch of things happened haha. There was a wedding, got in a car accident, got robbed, got some new pets, and if you are in Accounting, year end is coming up so we are all super busy at the office! So I am trying to make it a point to post a bit more!

I have 2 bettas and they are the most beautiful ever. So without further ado, meet my Billy and Sunny!

IMGP1480.jpg

OMG. Look at him!!!! Tell me he is not the most handsome betta in my world LOL. I love the way his body is so... thick? :o and look at that stubby little rounded ball shape tail haha.

IMGP1704.jpg

And here is a frontal shot of Billy.

IMGP1712.jpg

Sunny was an impulse buy. He was priced as a double-tail for $15 at my LFS, but I think Petco has them for a lot cheaper like $6 if I recall? XD But it didn't matter. This was a love at first sight kinda feeling. No questions asked, I just grabbed him and found the price when I paid for him haha. I love his sunset colours purple, orange, pink... SO BEAUTIFUL. Hence the name.

IMGP1729.jpg

Boring alone shot of him haha.

IMGP1713.jpg

This is a shot of them together. They both look very handsome. I love them both so much! I love that Billy is short and stocky and Sunny is long and thin haha. And the fin sizes. Billy's fins are super short and Sunny has flowy fins. Total opposites!

IMGP1715.jpg

Looks like he's going to attack Sunny. He isn't. Haha. xD

I have been trying to get more pictures of my pets as most of them pass away much too quickly. :( I wish they had longer lifespans...

Edited by Gloyd

Beautiful fish!

If I may, how are you able to house two bettas together? Is there a diagonal tank divider I'm not seeing??

They are very beautiful! :)

I'm surprised you're able to keep them together. I would be too afraid they would kill each other.

Beautiful! Also surprised they are ok together! I never thought it was possible

Wow, they are gorgeous, especially Sunny! I got a bad thing for purple :D

I too have to say I am surprised they live together, and from their looks it seems to be rather peaceful? I see no wounds on either fish. I'm curious now, can we get a full tank shot, please? :D

The two do not have a divider in them. When I examined them at the store and upon arrival at home, they both did not flare at all at least from when I looked at them. And it's really funny. They do spread their fins but I haven't seen them flare yet, but I saw my female betta in the other tank flaring. xD If any one did show any one sign of aggression, I wouldn't have put them together. I have been faithfully watching them to see signs of aggression, but they both seem peaceful to each other.

Yeah.. I have a thing for purple bettas LOL. Sunny is like a nice, rich purple and Billy is a cooler, lilac purple. I had them for just about 2 months now. I do check their fins and keep a lookout for them. I'm going to sleep, but I'll grab a tank shot tomorrow! Water change day is tomorrow, so I gotta make the tank look pretty. xD

Edited by Gloyd

They're beautiful! You're so lucky that they're so peaceful, they both look great :)

Wow! Lucky you, being able to keep two of these guys together! I hope their good behavior continues! :)

:thud stunning!

Sunny is especially amazing :heart

Holy poop, I've never seen two male bettas together like that!! I would keep a really good eye on them. They might decide they hate each other one day. :scared

But they are so gorgeous! :thud

They're both amazing, congratulations. :) I hope things continue to be peaceful between them. :)

Beautiful fish.

Congratulations.

:)

Purple is my favorite color! They are beautiful!

My two boys really get along as well (and get super mopey without seeing the other...), but I've opted for a divider just in case. :teehee

Your fish are soooo stunning, congrats! :wub::heart

The two do not have a divider in them. When I examined them at the store and upon arrival at home, they both did not flare at all at least from when I looked at them. And it's really funny. They do spread their fins but I haven't seen them flare yet, but I saw my female betta in the other tank flaring. xD If any one did show any one sign of aggression, I wouldn't have put them together. I have been faithfully watching them to see signs of aggression, but they both seem peaceful to each other.

Yeah.. I have a thing for purple bettas LOL. Sunny is like a nice, rich purple and Billy is a cooler, lilac purple. I had them for just about 2 months now. I do check their fins and keep a lookout for them. I'm going to sleep, but I'll grab a tank shot tomorrow! Water change day is tomorrow, so I gotta make the tank look pretty. xD

I had no idea this was possible! I look forward to more photos. :)

Wow! That is amazing!

I really like Billy! :D

Very nice! Good luck with keeping them together. :)