Sign in to follow this  
hotnickles96

Craigslist 75 gallon

So I've been having this itch to upgrade for some reason... I can't help it! lol

I want a 75 gallon...

The price looks right and I'm going to look at it today at 5pm

it will need to be painted black and will need front doors.

What do you guys think?

http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/for/4492071415.html

If the price is right, go for it!!! :nana

That certainly is a great price!

Good price, and you could get more fish too.

Good luck!! :D

Good luck! :)

Good price. Good luck! :)

Good luck!!!!

Wow, what a deal!!!

Great price. Go for it!

Well I scooped it up for $100.00!... Looking forward to this next project. I'll keep you guys posted with the alterations of the tank stand. Everything looks great and has a nice looking bead of silicone throughout the tank. Very happy about my first 75 gallon!

What a bargain! Congrats!!! :thumbup2: Can't wait to see it all sit up!!

Awesome! That is definitely a good deal and I'm so glad you got it for even less :D I recently upgraded to a 75 and I love it. Your fishes will be sooo happy :) Congrats.

Yay! More fishies for you! :D Best of luck with your new project!

Party Time!smilie54.gifconfetti.gif

Once I have it all set up, poor Isaac will be all alone in a 75!! oh how I will get in trouble searching for the perfect tank mate...mates? haha

Funny. This made me check cl and found a stand and 75 gallon tank for $100 downtown... So tempted.

do it! haha

Funny. This made me check cl and found a stand and 75 gallon tank for $100 downtown... So tempted.

What keeps you from doing it? ;)

Nickles, congrats on the new tank! Keep us posted on the progress!

What keeps you from doing it? ;)

Nickles, congrats on the new tank! Keep us posted on the progress!

I'm a graduate student and money is tight. I could find $100 bucks and I have a SUV to transport it but I would then have a tank and stand waiting to be setup. I have a planted 47 gallon, so transition would involve more substrate, filtration, more plants, etc. $$$ On top of the fact that I crashed my motorcycle and it needs repairs. So many things to build...

Yeah, I see your point. Definitely take care of the more important things first!

The only thing I want to mention: it would be nice to not transition from the 47 to a 75, but to have the 75 in addition to the 47 as a simple goldfish setup. :yeah:

And so the tank hoarding begins...

Yeah, I see your point. Definitely take care of the more important things first!

The only thing I want to mention: it would be nice to not transition from the 47 to a 75, but to have the 75 in addition to the 47 as a simple goldfish setup. :yeah:

Lmao. Oh if I had the room... I have my main tank and a small ten gallon cycling right now. The ten gallon might serve as a cycled qt for a new shubie soon....

Lmao. Oh if I had the room... I have my main tank and a small ten gallon cycling right now. The ten gallon might serve as a cycled qt for a new shubie soon....

Did I read "new shubie?" :thumb:

Yes! It's hard to stay out of trouble where I live. I live on the outer edge of culver city in Los Angeles. So I have four places to buy fish and supplies withing three miles: petsmart, petco, and two aquarium stores. One of the aquarium stores has a huge selection of of shubunkins. A little further away, less than ten miles, is a higher end aquarium store that has a large selection of plants, fish, and accessories... If we didn't have this pool table eating up space in our living room area I'd start a 75 gallon show tank against the wall. Edited by marka83

Yes! It's hard to stay out of trouble where I live. I live on the outer edge of culver city in Los Angeles. So I have four places to buy fish and supplies withing three miles: petsmart, petco, and two aquarium stores. One of the aquarium stores has a huge selection of of shubunkins. A little further away, less than ten miles, is a higher end aquarium store that has a large selection of plants, fish, and accessories... If we didn't have this pool table eating up space in our living room area I'd start a 75 gallon show tank against the wall.

Well, who REALLY needs a pool table when you can have goldfish :rofl

I feel you though.

I have a really great Petsmart right here in town, and some good Petsmarts and Petcos in the area.

In addition to that I have Fintastic in Charlotte, NC, just 45 minutes away from me. Although their freshwater fish clearly need better care, they do carry a lot of breeds I'd otherwise never get to see, like wakins (!!!!), celestials, bubble-eyes, pearlscales, and some large "higher quality" ranchus, orandas and ryukins.

Every time I go there, I want to take at least two more goldfish home, if I only had the room! Or the money, since their higher quality fish are anywhere between 40 and 70 bucks. :wall

In a way still cheaper than buying at online auctions, but yeah... although even a 70-bucks one time expense isn't that bad, my head is like "that's a week worth of groceries!".