Happy Blimpiversary! (pic heavy)

On May 25, 2013 we trekked to our LFS in search of a fish! After a long few months of nuking our equipment and cycling the tank, and regaining the confidence to care for goldies, it was finally time. I nearly walked out of the store, though, since nothing really struck me. There was this puny little lionhead whose scales were fully matte. But his button eyes weirded me out (funny, considering the alien I purchased two months ago :rofl) and he had a wonky caudal. Those were almost enough to dissuade me, but he was certainly the cutest in the store and so we took him home! :D

Then, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that his scales were the slightest bit prickly. It was nothing. :teehee

He started out at 7 grams. Today, he weighed in at 40.5 grams. I know that doesn't compare to some fish on the forum :teehee but I am pleased. He is a strong, sturdy fish, and I couldn't be more proud of him. :heart

Forgive the order of these pictures. There are a bunch of random ones thrown in, but I also tried to do some Before and After pictures together, since I like when I can compare without scrolling. :teehee I also deleted this entire post a few minutes ago, so my patience is fading. :o Enjoy! :D

20130526_2248150.jpg

The night he came home

20130528_210334.jpg

20130601_212710.jpg

20140525_100153.jpg

2013-10-19%2015.37.33.png

20140525_095552.jpg

Today at 40.5g

Last time I put him in that little container. He was not pleased. Sorry buddy!

20130525_192053.jpg

20140525_095605.jpg

Today

And just cause we all love this one

IMG_4402.jpg

:rofl

Thanks for looking!!

And thanks to many members and mods who helped me soooo much on this journey to provide a good home for my fish. It means the world. :grouphug

adorbz... he needs to blimp his way to AU.. pronto! :wub:

awww! :bighug

Thanks, Helen! :D

He's a cutie! I feel like ranchu start out less cute...and grow CUTER as they get older! I wasn't won over at first by my chu, but the chubbier she gets and the bigger her wen gets, the cuter she gets :) Looks like you're taking great care of your baby!

:heart Blimp :heart Those button eyes get me every time :wub:

Happy Anniversay :) you're adorable :D

Jenna, you've done a great job with Mr Blimp :nana

Oh goodness, I wasn't able to spend any time on here yesterday after posting this!!

He's adorable, Jenna! :D

Thank you! :D

He is so cute :heart . What a transformation !

Aww thanks. :) Exciting to think that there is more to come.

It's been a year already?! Omg! :o
He's my favourite Chu...don't tell the others. :donthit:

:o my lips are sealed!

What a personality! Happy Anniversary, Blimp.

Thanks Susanne! I think he's pretty great :teehee

Awww, what I cute post. :heart Blimp is such a ham! I hope you have him for many more years to come. :)

Aww thanks, Georgia. Me too! :)

:crying: I remember it like it was yesterday. :cry

:rofl3

He is just too cute and you've done such a fabulous job with him Jenna!!

:hug for Blimp :D

:rofl

Thanks so much Lisa!

Amazing, Jenna!!! :heart :heart

:lisa:

Blimp is such a cutie! Under your care he's made a very impressive transformation. Congrats!

Wow thank you!

Awesome he looks great :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was always convinced that he wasn't growing! Or, the times that I weighed him thinking he'd made a great gain, his weight was the same. :rofl

Clearly he grew a little :teehee

Look at all the blimpiness! Thanks for sharing, he looks amazing :)

Thankyou!! :)

Very cute!!!

Thanks Dawn!

Oh jeez, I'm a sucker for chu's but a chu with BUTTON EYES? Super cute! He's certainly turning into a little blimp.

:rofl Thanks!! He is a little blimp. :teehee

He has grown into a handsome young man. :thumb:

Why thank you!

He's a cutie! I feel like ranchu start out less cute...and grow CUTER as they get older! I wasn't won over at first by my chu, but the chubbier she gets and the bigger her wen gets, the cuter she gets :) Looks like you're taking great care of your baby!

:rofl I've always loved him. He seems to appear more grumpy every month. :rofl Which I love even more so I totally get what you're saying.