Cloudy Eye

phoebie

I was checking on Samson this morning and saw he had a cloudy eye, it only covers the lense so isn't internal. Is this from a bash or is it somethig else? And will it heal? Parameters are at 0 with pH of 7.6 tested with API drop tests and he's still in 20g qt alone with 200gph filtration and other than his eye he seems healthy

esy4e5ab.jpg

What is the tap pH? Sudden pH difference can sometimes cause this as well. Even if your tank pH looks normal, technically with the last water change it could have fluctuated enough, but then settled back to normal inside the tank.

How long did you have this fish?

Does your tank have substrate, and is it being cleaned regularly? How often and how much water do you change?

Has he ever been treated for something? Have you seen any other physical oddities, like white dots or bumps, split fins etc?

It could be from bumping into something. Considered he is acting completely normal, I'd suggest an additional extra large water change asap, keep the water pristine, and see how it goes.

The tap pH is the same, I have been treating split fins with double Prime and using salt but I've been reducing salt levels so there's practically none now, also treated for worms and flukes with Kusuri Wormer Plus, had him two weeks today in a bare bottom qt and his fins are healing up, I do nearly full water changes every other day and I'm doing one today, other than that eye he seems perfectly healthy, I have previously mentioned white spot thins on his wen in an old thread but was told they were normal, this isn't the best picture but you can see what I mean

ymupuqum.jpg

Edited by phoebie

Yeah, I'd bet my money on him bumping into something. Usually this sort of cloudiness should disappear after a while. Keep the water pristine, and all should be good.

If it should get worse or other problems come up, make sure to make a full D&D post :)

I just saw your topic about the wen, I do wonder if the eye and wen issues are connected. I saw that Alex thinks the wen problem was a bruise.

Maybe mention the eye "problem" in the wen topic and add the link to this topic? Just in case :)

I just saw your topic about the wen, I do wonder if the eye and wen issues are connected. I saw that Alex thinks the wen problem was a bruise.

Maybe mention the eye "problem" in the wen topic and add the link to this topic? Just in case :)

I didn't quite think it was a bruise. Helen did, and I went along with her. :rofl :rofl :rofl

I did think that it was a minor infection (as a consequence of bruise or something else), and it wasn't something particularly concerning.

I do agree with your assessment, Fang, that this is likely eye injury from having bumped into something. Perhaps Melafix, if you don't want to just do clean water. :)

I didn't quite think it was a bruise. Helen did, and I went along with her. :rofl :rofl :rofl

I did think that it was a minor infection (as a consequence of bruise or something else), and it wasn't something particularly concerning.

I do agree with your assessment, Fang, that this is likely eye injury from having bumped into something. Perhaps Melafix, if you don't want to just do clean water. :)

You, Helen,... same difference :lol

Let's just say "Helex". :D