Cold water plants

LouiseAnn

Hi everyone,

I have been doing some research on plants and have come to the conclusion i want low light plants... However finding plants that are ok in cold water is hard!

I know Val is ok in coldwater. Ive had some success with that. But what else is there?

Tank ranges from 14 degrees celsius in winter to 28 in summer.

Any suggestions welcome ;)

Most plants will tolerate that range, although low to mid 20s is pretty good. Look at crypts, some nymphoides, swords, anubias, hydrocotyle tripartita (Australian pennywort) and hygrophila (difformis, corymbosa and polysperma).

I highly recommend getting in contact with Dave and Robyn at Aquagreen. They grow some of the best aquatic plants you'll find in Australia and are a pleasure to deal with.

http://www.aquagreen.com.au/catalog.html

If you're after some sunset hygrophila (pink under high light, but will grow green under low) you're welcome to some of what I don't keep when I gut my planted tank and rescape it in a few weeks time. I only ask you pay shipping. :)

Northern Sydney, so NSW.

Depending on whether you order anything from Dave, you may find it cheaper to get some sunset hygrophila from him. He only charges a few dollars for cut stems of it, and if you factor in multiple items per shipment, it works out more economically than me sending a bunch of stems via express post. The offer still stands though, just thought I would let you know.