Here Is the final look & fish pics!

waterfaller1

It looks great! That pearlie is so absolutely precious :heart

A little precaution about that cave ornament though (I have the exact same type myself):

The hole in the back is rather small and I would worry about a goldfish getting himself stuck as they grow bigger. In addition the top of the ornament holds water which due to the lack of circulation inside the cave can easily become stagnant.

But you can easily block the back hole off by super gluing a small river rock inside that "window". In addition, I carefully drilled a small hole into the very top of the cave and placed an air stone inside, so the current from the uprising bubbles circulates the water inside the cave :)

Thank you all so much. At last I can live with the look. And more importantly, my fish are healthy! :wub:

It looks great! That pearlie is so absolutely precious :heart

A little precaution about that cave ornament though (I have the exact same type myself):

The hole in the back is rather small and I would worry about a goldfish getting himself stuck as they grow bigger. In addition the top of the ornament holds water which due to the lack of circulation inside the cave can easily become stagnant.

But you can easily block the back hole off by super gluing a small river rock inside that "window". In addition, I carefully drilled a small hole into the very top of the cave and placed an air stone inside, so the current from the uprising bubbles circulates the water inside the cave :)

Thank you. I have had a few warnings about this cave. My flow is much higher than most tanks. I tried to put an airstone in it at first. I didn't think about drilling it. That's a great idea. It kept rising up as it filled with air. :blush: I have the back of it against the glass, and there is a catfish living in it. I really do not think I will have issue with a GF trying to get in it. Charlie is way too big. Sumo keeps to the left side mostly. The only one I would worry about would be Moby. He got in the pretty line, but never made it to the smarts line. :lol3 He has gotten himself stuck in the shell already a few times. The last time I almost thought I might lose him. His throat was scarlet red,then pink for a few hours, and he tore up his fins and tail. He just got out of qt once again just to be safe, with triple sulfa.I have remedied this with a piece of poret foam so he cannot get back in.

Now what I have been doing is as I do a water change, everything gets moved around and turned over. When I did this last one I turned over the cave and stuck my siphon hose up into it. So I am definitely going to keep an eye on it. I can remove it if necessary. Thanks again.

Yes, the air will cause the cave to slightly rise and then topple over. The small hole at the top made for some funny, large bubbles to come out :rofl

It is a great cave for small plecos and catfish though, they do love the fact that they can swim into that tall "tower" inside the cave and hide there :)

Wowzers! Your tank is inspiring! I LOVE the marble bottom. I'd consider switching to that :) I also really like your glass sculpture :thumbs: and the goldfish :thud Amazing! Especially the pearlie :wub: